2: 12

Inside the Helicarrier, Steve and Bucky were confronted by Madeleine.

"People are gonna die, Mads," Steve said. "He and I can't let that happen." Madeleine stared at the men coldly. "Please, don't make us do this." Seeing Madeleine wouldn't back down, Steve threw his shield at her and they started battling each other. She smirked momentarily while they fought. As they exchanged blows, Steve managed to bring up the targeting blade system, but as Madeleine attacked him, the chip fell from Steve's hand.

Bucky glanced at Steve. "Stay there. Let me."

"She's my friend too," Steve argued. "I know you don't want to hurt her. Neither do I, but I'll do what I have to."

"Be careful. Please. Just... Please don't kill my wife."

"I won't kill her, Buck. I'm not losing her again."

The three continued fighting, dropping down levels. Madeleine stabbed Bucky in the right shoulder and he pulled out the knife with a yell.

"Drop it! Drop it!" Steve yelled as Madeleine continued to hold the chip. Steve broke her arm and held onto her throat until she passed out and let go of the chip. Steve grabbed the chip and rushed off. Bucky followed after Steve, wanting to protect both his friend and his wife. Steve was currently in more danger, and he didn't want to hurt the girl he adored.

Madeleine shot, hitting Bucky in the left leg as he climbed up.

"Thirty seconds, Cap, Sarge," Hill warned.

"Stand by," Steve and Bucky said as the former got the chip out. "Charlie..." Madeleine shot Bucky in the stomach, as he'd moved in front of Steve, and he fell.

HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Charlie Weapons Tech said, "Target saturation reached. All targets assigned."

Charlie XO instructed, "Fire when ready."

"Firing in, three, two, one." At that moment, Steve placed the chip in the Helicarrier's targeting blade overriding the system and locked it down.

"Charlie locked," Steve said as he and Bucky watched the targets go offline.

"Where are the targets?" Charlie XO asked. "Where are the targets?"

"Okay, Cap, Sarge, get out of there," Hill instructed as she got the Helicarriers weapon targets to open fire upon each other.

"Fire now," Steve and Bucky ordered.

"But, Steve, Bucky..."

"Do it! Do it now!"

Reluctantly, Hill made the Helicarriers open fire on each other. Steve and Bucky, still inside the Helicarrier, looked at Madeleine below them. Back at the Triskelion, Pierce watched the Helicarriers as they were firing at each other.

Just then, one Helicarrier crashed into a dam beneath the Triskelion.

As the Helicarrier continued to fall with Steve, Bucky and the Winter Soldier inside, at the Triskelion, Sam and Rumlow continued to fight each other.

Steve and Bucky helped Madeleine out from being trapped under some fallen rubble.

"You know me," Steve and Bucky said.

Madeleine lashed out at Steve and Bucky in anger and yelled, "No, I don't!"

"Maddi, you've known me basically your whole life," Steve told her.

"You're my girl," Bucky said.

Madeleine hit Steve and Bucky, but they chose not to fight back.

Bucky's tone was desperate as he said, "Your name is Madeleine Eliza Barnes." Madeleine hit Steve and Bucky again.