2: 09

Sam was driving the group to the Triskelion and Sitwell said, "HYDRA doesn't like leaks."

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it," Sam retorted.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here," Natasha warned.

"I know," Steve said. "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

"What?!" Sitwell cried. "Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea."

Suddenly, the Winter Soldier landed on the car roof, pulled Sitwell out through the window and threw him into the oncoming traffic, killing him, then started shooting at them until Steve pulled the brake handle, making the Winter Soldier drop down onto the street as another car smashed into their car and pushed them along. Evelyn and Rebecca screamed as they huddled closer to their father. The Winter Soldier jumped back onto their car, smashed through the windscreen and pulled out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Sam yelled as Natasha started shooting at her, but the Winter Soldier jumped onto the vehicle behind them. As their car was being pulled off the road, Steve held on to the car door and Bucky held his girls tightly.

"Hang on!" Steve yelled as he broke open the door. Holding onto Natasha and Sam, they slid on the car door through the streets. Bucky and his girls tumbled out, the father shielding his daughters.

The Winter Soldier was joined by HYDRA agents and they started shooting at them. The six scattered and ran off in different directions with the Winter Soldier shooting at Natasha, but she managed to shoot her in her eye goggle mask and ran off.

The Winter Soldier dropped to the ground and pulled her goggles off with an angry expression. After a moment, she stood.

"Она моя. Я позабочусь о ней. Найди их.," the Winter Soldier said.

(She's mine. (I'll take care of her.) Find them.)

The Winter Soldier went in pursuit of Natasha as the HYDRA agents went after Steve, Bucky and Sam who each managed to fend them off as they shot at them. Bucky had left the girls in an area he deemed semi-safe. Bucky then noticed the Winter Soldier in pursuit of Natasha.

"Go, Steve and I got this!" Sam told Bucky.

The Winter Soldier thought she'd found Natasha hiding behind a car as she could hear her voice.

"I make an LZ, twenty-three hundred block of Virginia Avenue," Natasha's voice said. "Rendezvous two minutes. Taking fire above and below expressway. Civilians threatened. Repeat, civilians threatened." She rolled a bomb towards where she thought Natasha was hiding. As the bomb rolled behind the car, Natasha wasn't actually there, but a recording over her voice was being played back on a phone. "I make an LZ, twenty-three hundred block at Virginia Avenue. Rendezvous two minutes." As the bomb exploded, Natasha jumped onto the Winter Soldier's back and tried to kill her, but she threw her off. She started running off as the Winter Soldier went after her. She threw a chip that disabled the Winter Soldier's arm. The Winter Soldier glared and removed the chip. She swung her arm and it clanked.

Natasha said to the civilians as she tried to get away from the Winter Soldier, "Get out of the way! Stay out of the way!" Suddenly, she got shot in the shoulder. She fell and looked around. As the Winter Soldier came up from behind to shoot her, Bucky jumped in with the shield and attacked her. They fought and in the process, the Winter Soldier took the shield and threw it at him, but Bucky managed to avoid being hit. Steve ran up to assist his friend.

The Winter Soldier began choking him and Bucky freed himself, causing her metal hand, which had made a fist, to make a dent in the pavement. Steve threw a punch at the Winter Soldier, doing next to nothing.

The three exchanged even punches. Bucky frowned. Whoever she was, she was well-trained and highly dangerous.

The Winter Soldier pushed Bucky against a van and dragged a pocketknife along the side and he barely avoided the sharp blade. Steve grabbed the shield from the back of the van.

She came after Steve and Bucky with a pocketknife and kicked at them. Steve and Bucky pushed her back and grabbed her metal arm, but she kicked them back.

Bucky managed to grab her metal arm and placed a hand on her mask before flipping her over his shoulder.

The Winter Soldier rolled on the ground and her mask came off. She looked around at Steve and Bucky who were shocked.

"Maddi?" Steve and Bucky asked in a shocked tone.

Bucky stared at her sadly. All the time he'd vowed revenge on the assassin, he was planning to kill his wife.

The very thought sickened him.

"Who the hell is Maddi?" the Winter Soldier asked as she looked to the side with confusion.

"Mama!" Evelyn and Rebecca cried as they ran up to her.

Bucky grabbed them before they could get too close.

Evelyn fought her father. "That's Mama!"

"Someone hurt Mama and she doesn't remember us," Bucky said sadly.

Rebecca looked up at her father. "Are you gonna fix her?"

"Uncle Steve and I will try our hardest to."

Madeleine went to shoot at Steve, Bucky, Evelyn and Rebecca, but before she could shoot, Sam flew in and kicked her aside. Madeleine took aim again but before she could shoot, Natasha used the grenade launcher Madeleine dropped earlier to shoot at Madeleine who vanished in the smoke of the explosion. The six heard sirens after which they were surrounded by HYDRA agents being led by Rumlow.

"Drop the shield, Captain!" Rumlow ordered. "On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down!" Steve, Bucky, Evelyn and Rebecca held their hands up. "Get on your knees! Down!" He kicked Steve and Bucky's legs and Steve and Bucky knelt down, as did the girls. "Don't move." Rumlow looked at the helicopter flying above them and warned Rollins who was holding Steve, Bucky, Evelyn and Rebecca at gunpoint. "Put the gun down. Not here. Not here!" Rollins lowered his gun. The HYDRA agents took Steve, Bucky, Evelyn, Rebecca, Sam and Natasha into custody.