Chapter Seventeen

Hello! Fancy seeing you all again after two VERY long years! I will not bore you all with reasons for why I left Wattpad completely and stopped writing all together – I am just so incredibly grateful to be welcomed back the way I have.

You are all wonderful human beings, and this community is something I am honored to be part of.

I completely understand the frustration and anger I have caused some/most of you, and I will do my best to make up for that.

ALSO – to write this chapter I read through the book and while I was cringing over 90% of the things my younger self wrote, I was audibly laughing over all the comments (truly to the point of tears), even some of the hate comments. You are all honestly so funny, and reading the comments made me excited to write again! 

I want so badly to give you guys something that you will ALL love, but sadly it is not possible and that is something I am working so hard to be okay with.

Some things that I need people to know moving forward:

1) I straight up forgot about including Will, Nate, and Emily in the last few chapters and I know a lot of you noticed that and I legit have no excuse

2) A LOT of people have mentioned how difficult it is to support Evie and Sebastian together, and I completely agree with that. There are undeniable toxic traits in their dynamic, and that is something I really am going to try to fix moving forward.

I am going to try my very best to steer this story to something that I can be more proud of, while honoring the characters and storyline I created for all of you!

In the words of Harry Styles, "Treat people with kindness" – and by people I mean me because I am going to be so anxious after uploading this damn chapter.

Love you all, xx.

+++++

Chapter Seventeen

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE RE-READ AT LEAST CH. 16 IF YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE I REFERENCE SOME THINGS AND ALSO I did not feel like writing a recap :)

"Hold me down if I'm running off

They say it gets better, baby, soon enough

So I'll shut my mouth and I'll steal my heart

I still feel like a girl, thinking when we started, but

I want to feel the fire again, with you or anybody else"

– The Head and the Heart "Fire/Fear"

I adjusted my body on the hard plastic seat, my cold fingers gripping the warm coffee mug while I watched the headlines play by on the television at the coffee shop.

It had been ten days.

In London, with everything happening, that had to have been some kind of new record.

Ten days of no reports of gang related activity or crime.

The lack of crime had seemingly brought life back to the streets, which were packed with people and vehicles. Not that London was not always crowded, because it truly was. But the air was different. Laughter could be heard from within and outside of the shop, and people seemed to be smiling more.

Even myself.

I finished the rest of my coffee, adjusted my coat, and placed my sunglasses back on. Despite the cloudy weather, I felt it was necessary to be cautious – you really never knew who you were going to run into.