Chapter Five

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer!

+++++

Chapter Five

Large hands grasped my waist, and I let out a small gasp and tensed up. Sebastian was now standing directly behind me, his eyes focused on the same mirror. My breath caught in my throat, and I shook slightly. His hands slid up so they were resting just above my upper ribcage, his fingers dangerously close to my rapidly rising and falling chest.

"Don't look at yourself like that." He said quietly, his head angling downwards so that his mouth was brushing against my neck, just below my ear.

I remained still, my eyes transfixed onto the mirror as if I were watching a horror movie.

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

I remember the day I went to go train with Sebastian for the first time. I remember the way I had felt so intimidated; yet determined to prove myself.

But what I remember the most is the way he noticed the way my eyes trailed over my reflection in the mirror in a distasteful manner. I remember the way he instantly pushed away my insecure thoughts, promising me that he was only looking out for me.

I wonder if he could tell how self-conscious I felt at that moment, just like he did back when I had first met him.

"Damn," Will whistled lowly under his breath, "Emily has got one hell of a body."

I felt myself wince as my eyes flickered over to the large mirror on the wall before returning to Emily, who was busy punching the pads Callum was holding up for her. Her blonde hair was tied effortlessly in a bun at the top of her head, and her tan skin glimmered with sweat.

I shifted uneasily, my eyes moving up to glance at Sebastian's expression. His dark eyes were trained on Emily, and I felt a wave of emotions wash over me as he nodded his head, agreeing with Will.

"She's definitely got the looks," he commented, his eyes never breaking away from her as he spoke.

I guess you could say that I was just feeling sorry for myself, because that's exactly what I was doing.

Everything they said about her was right, and it made me wish the floor could just swallow me whole.

I was never one to be openly self-conscious. In fact, I strived to be the girl who walked with her head held high and radiated confidence no matter what. I had to be that way not only for my job, but for myself as well. On the down side, all the acting had finally caught up with me.

There Emily was, in a sports bra and shorts, showing off her toned and tan body, while I hid underneath a large sweatshirt and baggy sweatpants. My boring brown hair was tangled and wild, yet I managed to force it into a sloppy braid. My pale skin made people question if I had ever seen the sun, and for the past two days, I haven't.

"Are you okay?" The sound of Kate's soft voice startled me, making my eyes widen momentarily before I forced myself to nod.

"Fine," I whispered, pulling my eyes away from her inquisitive ones.

"You look as though you're about to cry." She stated, her voice barely audible.

"I'm not." I threw her a look of finality, and she instantly backed off. Ever since I had snapped at her at the club, Kate had been walking on eggshells around me. Needless to say, I wasn't mad at her anymore, in fact, I never had really been. It was my fault, and that was something I knew she knew, but Kate being Kate, she was going to give me space and not call me out for my wrong doings.