Chapter 8

*Hikari Hada's POV:

"Tell me more! Please!", I pleaded to Tyler, my voice cracked in desperation as I followed his tracks like a predator stalking its prey. I didn't want to lose track of him, especially knowing he was super fast and was making random movements. The dread of yearning for something that may change my life forever was severe, and I wasn't ready to give it up just because someone was annoyed with me. I couldn't face another day in the shelter. My stomach tightened and twisted thinking about that horrific scenario.

"I already told you! I met the man after I fell and hit my head while running away from the street vendor!" Tyler shouted as he tried to shut the bedroom section's door. I forcefully push it open.

"I'm not done! Did he wear glasses? Did he have acne? Any-"

"God, leave me alone! I don't know if it was your brother!" Tyler screamed at me in rage. His strength doubled as he proceeded to slam the door shut. The loud song of the slamming made everyone around me jump.

I groaned as I swung opened the door.

"I need to know! Tell me!", I screamed as I followed him. He ran into the section's bathroom and closed it shut. I heard a lock quickly after. I proceeded to bang on the door like a drum. My fist became red and sore with every strike.

A number of people in that particular section began groaning and shouting in anger at me from my loud banging at eight in the morning. But I didn't care. I needed answers.

"Hikari, what are you doing?", My friend Yasmine asked as she walked towards me, wondering where the pounding noise was coming from. "Why are you banging on the bathroom door?"

"Because, Tyler isn't opening up to me! I'm trying to figure out if the guy he saw was my brother or not", I groaned as I kept banging.

"Um, Kari, Shimizu is-"

I stopped her, knowing exactly what she was going to say. I knew there was a possibility, but I didn't want to hear it. Shimizu was alive, he had to be.

"No, there's a chance he isn't dead. Beval, Celosia and Gaia never saw a body, he could've survived the explosion" I tried to persuade Yasmine as I grabbed her hands. I stared into her forest green eyes, trying to get her to see my perspective.

"You didn't have doubts before Tyler came. Why do you have them now?"

I paused at her question, my eyes stared at the marble gray floor underneath us. I was speechless at her comment. I wanted to defend it but every time my mouth opened, nothing came out.

She had a point. I wasn't sure why I was doubting it now. Maybe it gave me...us...a reason to leave the shelter. Or maybe it was a sign: a random kid named Tyler came in two weeks ago and gave us the main description of my older brother, who he claimed to have told him where we were, or at least a destination close to it.

I did feel like I was being stupid, but at the same time I had to know for sure if the person was Shimizu or not....and I knew just the person to ask.

—————————-moments later—————————

"No Hikari, I am not about to entertain this nonsense," Danny said in displeasure. He sat up from bed, getting up to check on his pregnant girlfriend Isabella who was right next to him, but unfortunately was woken up by my loud mouth.

"But, I have to know! Don't you want the truth? Don't you have to know if Shimizu is still alive or not? I need you to use your psychic powers to-"

"Why don't you go play pattycake with your friends, or talk about boys, or you know, other stuff kids do at your age? Stop worrying about stuff that doesn't matter. I'm gonna go find Noah", Danny sighed before walking away, out of the bedroom.