Chapter 16:

Tom whispered to Alex "meet me by the assault course after your training with Fox I might have an idea about how to make everyone believe we are together." Before standing up and following Wolf and the rest of the students go to their self-defence training session.
Alex was left alone at the table, waiting for Fox. He was a couple of minutes early but he hoped the soldier would arrive soon. He could tell the other soldiers were staring at him.
Unfortunately, a few minutes passed and Fox still hadn't shown up. Alex went to grab a bottle of water when he realised someone was standing behind him. "I know you're there" he murmured not bothering to turn around and see who he was talking to. "What do you want with me?"
"How did you do it? How did a stupid kid break the record? You can't be older than 16!" Alex turned and saw a young SAS soldier staring at him accusingly. "I don't know what your talking about." Alex said, smirking at the infuriated soldier opposite him.
"Don't lie to me kid. I know what people say about you. I know you aren't normal. And I am going to find out what!" The soldier practically shouted making all the soldiers jump.
"Is there a problem here?" Alex heard a calm voice ask from somewhere behind him. It was Fox.
"No sir, I was just having a conversation with this friendly kid over here who seems to have been separated from the rest of his group." The young soldier muttered evidently intimated by the harsh glare he received from Fox.
"Don't you worry about Cub here." Fox said enunciating the word 'Cub' to show the soldier he shouted be messed with. "He was waiting for me." With that Fox shot the soldier a dirty look and led Alex out of the hall.
"You okay Cub" Fox muttered cursing under his breath. "I've been through worse Alex chuckled before following Fox to the shooting practice.
"Okay Cub first of all you have to try and hit as many of the targets as possible in under 30 seconds. Go!"
Alex picked up the gun and raised his arm and instinctively fired the gun twelve times. He hit all the targets directly in the centre in under 5 seconds.
"Well done Cub!" Fox exclaimed. "Where did you learn instinctive shooting like that?" Alex thought back to all the training he did with Scorpia and simply replied "I don't want to talk about it." Before putting down the gun and waited for Fox's instructions.
"Now you need to strip the gun clean it and reassemble it in under 4 minutes. Your time starts now."
Alex moves fast but still took extra care to thoroughly clean all parts of the gun without damaging it before he started reassembling it.
"That's amazing Cub!" Fox exclaimed. "Your time was 1 minute 37 seconds. Now I just need to inspect it before you can go." Fox took the gun and fired it at the target making sure everything was still working okay. Once he was satisfied with the results he told Alex to return to his group for lunch.
Instead of going to the hall he walked over to the assault course to wait for Tom.
*Tom's POV*
Our self-defence session with Wolf had just ended I started to make my way to assault course purposely alerting people I was found somewhere else knowing that their curiosity would get the better of them and they would follow me.
*Back to the story*
Alex saw Tom approaching the assault course. Before Alex could say anything Tom whispered to him "I'm sorry. Just go with it." Alex looked at his best friend confused before Tom pulled him in and kissed him.
The boy thought about what Tom said and went with it. After what felt like hours, they pulled away and Alex looked at Tom confused. "Sorry about that but it was the only way. To get them to believe we are actually together. I don't know if you noticed but everyone decided to follow me so they saw it all."
They both stood there for a moment before Alex's emotions got the better of him and he pulled Tom in for another kiss.
Tom froze in shock but eventually kissed him back. After that they talked for a bit and they both realised they had actually loved each other all along.
*Alex's POV*
Somehow this trip wasn't so bad at all. No one discovered my secrets and now I'm dating my best friend.
The End

(A/N -I hope you enjoyed this story! I will be writing another one soon. Thank you for reading)