Chapter 8:

*In Sergeant's office with K-unit*
"What was that all about?" The Sergeant questioned his best unit with an intimidating glare. "It's Cub." Wolf stated. "He's changed too much since last year. What happened to him?"
The Sergeant paused for a minute trying to find and answer to the question without revealing any more government secrets, before he finally asked "in what way has Cub changed?"
This time Eagle spoke up surprising the rest of his unit. "It's his eyes" the soldier muttered. "They are eyes of soldiers returning from war. Eyes that have seen too much. Especially from someone so young."
All the soldiers in the room turned to Eagle with their mouths hanging open in shock. Eagle was always positive. He was always the person to 'look at the bright side' and to 'look at the silver lining.
After Eagle's sudden outburst the Sergeant realised just how serious the matter was.
Unsure of what to say next the Sergeant changed the subject slightly.
"Anyway that still doesn't explain why all of the teenagers (and other unit for that matter) were outside crowding around the assault course."
It was now Snake's turn to speak up. The young soldier briefly explained all the previous events of the day giving the Sergeant Alex's medical file so he could familiarise himself with it. Fox could tell that the Sergeant was getting annoyed as no one had explained what the commotion around the assault course was all about so he decide he would 'bite the bullet' and tell the Sergeant about Alex and his time.
"Alex completed the assault course with a record time of 8 minutes 34 seconds!" Fox finally shouted interrupting his all comrades. The Sergeant mouth opened in shock before ordering...
"Bring the boy here. I need to talk to Cub."
(A/N - I just want to thank everyone who has read my story so far. I am sorry to say that I will not be updating over the next couple of days as I am seeing my family for Christmas. Happy Holidays!)