The butterfly Pt.2

"We might wanna hurry." Mirabel urged her uncle as they sat in the center of Antonio's room."You can’t hurry the future." Bruno said as he continued to set up."What if I show you something worse? If I see something that you don’t like, you’re gonna be all, 'Bruno makes bad things happen. Oh, he’s creepy and his vision killed my goldfish.'" Bruno rambled.

"I don’t think you make bad things happen," Mirabel said, taking her tío's hand in hers."Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rap.You can do this." Mirabel said trying to encourage him just as Antonio handed their uncle his ztuffed animal."For the nerves." He said softly.

"I can do this. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this." Bruno mumbled as he hyped himself up. Sitting down, Bruno placed his hands in his lap as sand began to swirl around him and his niece."You might wanna hang on." Bruno said snapping his now glowing, green,eyes open as a vision appeared through the sand.

" It’s just the same thing. I gotta stop!" Bruno yelled."No. I need to know which way it goes," Mirabel urged."There’s gotta be an answer.Something we’re not seeing!" She said looking closer at what displayed in front of her.

"You’re looking at the same thing that I am. If there was something else…" Bruno trailed off as Mirabel began to shout seeing something glowing in the vision."There! Over there!" She shouted, pointing at a butterfly."Butterfly!Follow the butterfly!"

"Where is that?" Mirabel. "It’s all out of order," Bruno said just as the vision changed again."It’s the candle. The candle’s getting brighter! I think you’re gonna help the candle!" Bruno shouted as he looked at the image.

"How?" Mirabel questioned. "Uh, there’s someone with you. And you…You fight her!" Bruno exclaimed."What?" Mirabel said looking back at her uncle."Wait, no, no. Is that a hug?" Bruno asked himself as he saw a figure embrace Mirabel.

"Am I fighting or hugging?" Mirabel said as she squinted her eyes."An embrace. An embrace! To make the candle bright you have to embrace her." Bruno said just as the dust started to clear from the person's face.

"Oh… Almost there,almost there. Oh, oh." Bruno mumbled as the vision formed in front of him."I got it!" He yelled as the vision formed a hugging Isabela and Mirabel, with the candle burning brightly behind them."Isabela!?" Mirabel shouted as she looked at the picture."Oh, your sister? That’s great!" Bruno said, presenting the vision to a seething Mirabel who growled in response.

"Every time." Bruno said sighing as he let the vision crash to the floor."Why would embracing Isabela do anything?" Mirabel said as she scoffed. "I don’t know. Our family got a miracle." Bruno said answering the rhetorical question."How do you help a family miracle? You hug a sister." Bruno said as they snuck back into the house.

"Mirabel?" Camilo shouted as his body began burbling."Mirabel?"  A now baby-sized Camilo said."Well, I think we’re running out of time here." Bruno said."It’s not gonna work.She won’t hug me ever, okay? She hates me!" Mirabel ranted.

"Mirabel?" Bruno questioned as the cracks worsened but Mirabelcontinuedto rant, obliviousto her uncle."Also, I don’t know if you heard, I ruined her proposal! Plus, P.S…she is just annoying. Of course it’s Isabela! What’s her problem with me anyway? She’s the one with roses coming out of he-" Mirabel said only to be cut off by her uncle.

"Mirabel!" Bruno yelled, earning a shocked look from her."Sorry, sorry, sorry.You see, you’re missing the point: The fate of the family, it’s not up to her, it's up to you. You’re exactly what this family needs. You just have to see it.......By yourself, after I leave." Bruno said grunting as he moved a flower plant along with him as he scooted towards the wall.

"What, you’re not coming?" Mirabel asked as she looked at him."It was your vision, Mirabel, not mine." Bruno said."You’re afraid Abuela will see you." Mirabel said in realization."Yep, I mean, yes, that too." Bruno said as he opened a painting from a wall to reveal a hole.