A Choice With No Regrets I

Year 844:

You were up early and got ready, you were ordered to tag along with Erwin, Mike and one other soldier to detain 3 dangerous thugs from the underground.

You rose your hood over your head walking down the stairs of the underground, you made your way to the bottom as the horrid smell of the air fills your nostrils and the humid feeling surrounding you.

You stood behind some people waiting until the culprits make their way out, you were behind Erwin and next to Mike.

You suddenly noticed a fast man with black hair zooming by with 3DMG gear he looked like he was as fast as you... maybe even faster...

He was soon followed by a blonde-haired man and a red-haired girl.

Erwin signalled to move forward, you pushed through the people shooting your wires into a building following behind them.

You moved swiftly in the air as the three hoodlums noticed, you moved quicker throughout the air chasing them. The black-haired man whom you supposed was the leader moved slightly towards the Survey Corps.

He spun around a pillar looking behind the capes and suddenly bounced back to his squad warning them.

Suddenly they went under a bridge and knocked over a bunch of food, continuing on the squad was luckily closer than before.

You moved forward reeling in your hooks and attaching them back to a nearby building. They split up and had gone separate ways to avoid the chase.

"F/N, you follow the girl. Mike, you stay with me, and Peter you follow the blonde boy" you nodded your head in agreement to Erwin's orders, re-shooting your wires near the girl.

She wasn't as fast as the raven-haired man but she sure was good at 3DMG even without training, you continued on catching up to her.

Grabbing her from behind stopping her movement she attempted to elbow you away "HEY! Let go of me!" she yelled madly you grabbed her grips and reeled in her hooks and headed to the ground.

She kicked around as you took off your hood and detained her, making your way to Erwin.

You noticed the thug fighting Erwin before he spoke to him "Stop. Take a look around you" Erwin's voice crept up his spine as he turned around to face his friends and the people who stood behind them.

"LEGGO! YOU BASTARD!" the maroon haired girl insulted you kicking her legs forward.

"Stop, don't waste your strength Isabel" the blonde-haired man looked over to her as she began to calm down

You looked over to the blonde squad leader "Erwin?! Are you okay?!" you asked staring at him.

"Yes... you both did good" he smiled at you and the man next to you.

----

----

The three thugs were finally detained you stood behind Erwin looking towards the hoodlums.

"I have some questions to ask you. Where did you get your hands on this?" Erwin asked, the thugs stayed silent.

"Your vertical manoeuvring skills were excellent. Who taught you?" none of them answered the question instead, just sitting there silently and staring madly.

It was so quiet you swore you'd be able to hear a pin drop. "You are the leader, right? Have you received military training" Erwin's eyes pierced through the black-haired man's soul?

Still, quiet he turned his face up looking towards Erwin scarily and coldly "That is the face of a man... Who wants to kill me and escape". Your eyes ran to the man's face looking at him madly.

"I'd like to avoid any rough treatment if I can...". Suddenly you saw Mike grab the leaders short hair slamming his face towards a puddle.

The man grunted looking towards the blonde squad leader behind him "I'll ask again. Where did you learn vertical manoeuvring?" Erwin asked impatiently. "We didn't learn it from anyone! You think we're gonna let a CIVIL SERVANT push us around?" the red-haired girl bickered loudly towards the soldier.

"We figured it out so we could survive in this dump! Anyone who doesn't know what sewage tastes like couldn't understand!" the blonde-haired man argued further.

"What are your names? My name is Erwin Smith" not being focused on the question but on the man finally pulling the man up from the puddle grunting and gasping for air.

The thug continued to not talk still gasping for air while dirt stained his face and water dripped down grossly. "I applaud your determination. But keep it up, and we'll move on to your comrades".

You walked behind the girl picking her up and placing her near the water drawing your blade and placing it against near her neck. You didn't want to hurt any of them, but they needed to cooperate.

"You bastard..." You watched the dude face Erwin while his hair was being pulled "What is your name?" he asked again.

"It's Levi..." you watched as Levi struggled to respond to the man huffing and breathing heavily as his chest rose and fell. "Levi... Would you make a deal with me?".

The deal, the specific reason why we're capturing them is that we had to enlist them. The main person the Scouts needed was the black-haired man Levi. The others were strong but didn't seem as strong.

"Deal?" snapping out of your thoughts and overhearing Levi's voice "I won't ask about your crimes. In return you will lend me your strength and join the Survey Corps".

"Join the Survey Corps...?! If I refuse?" Levi questioned looking towards Erwin's blue eyes "I turn you over to the Military Police. Considering your crimes, I don't think you or your comrades can expect decent treatment. Choose whichever path you wish".

Was he going to accept or refuse? Looking around to the soldiers, his eyes stayed fixated on his friends for a while before he thought for a split second "Very well... I'll join the Survey Corps."

Perfect!