Chapter 3: The Thing That We Promised

KURO

12 years ago.....

Ever since I was born, I have been experiencing a deep problem.

All people around me had high expectations on me because I'm the fruit of the two talented people.

My Mom is a professional Artist while my Dad is a famous Chef.

But didn't they know, I know nothing.

I'm not talented nor special.

I'm just an average with no motivation.

Everyday, my parents tried to taught me a lot of things, but I found those things boring.

My whole five years are nothing, but a dull, and colorless world.

The reason why I can't make things the way how they want to be is because I have been so pressured by the people around me.

One mistake and all the reputation my parents build will be destroyed because of me.

That's why I never tried to do anything.

I stayed in my dark room, isolating myself, doing nothing, but then.......

Everything changed one day.

"Kuro, do you want to join me watch a piano competition?" Mom asked.

"I'm not interested." I answered lazily as I go back to my bed.

My Mom persuaded me again and again, and I got annoyed so I gave up, and joined her.

After we prepare ourselves, we leaved the house and soon reached our destination.

Its already 6:30pm and the show is just started.

Once we go to our designated seat, we watch the competition silently like others do.

"Its boring..." The contestants doesn't that bad, but I found this whole thing boring.

I'm just a kid that time so I don't know the value and importance of each piece they played.

Most contestants are the same age as I or older.

Not gonna lie, but I admire them for playing a piano at their age knowing this kind of instrument are difficult.