Chapter Twenty Seven

"Phew, the media's finally handled. Damned, savages all of them." Luke's manager, Scott Beckett muttered as he stalked into the hospital room. He didn't noticed Ivy sitting by Luke's bed until he unwrapped his plaid scarf.

"What are they saying?" Immediately, Ivy was alert. Her eyes were wide, almost child-like and her body tense. "Do they know about Dixon? Did the police tell them?"

"Take a breath kid," Scott laughed slightly, it was the first smile he cracked in days. After Alex called him and informed him of what happened, he was quick to handle the media and was even there for Ivy when the police interviewed her.

"No one knows about Dixon, everything is safe. As far as the public is concerned Julieta hired someone to run you and Luke off the road and that's why you're both in the hospital. She and her accomplice were captured by the police, she resisted arrest and died in the process. As for Leary, the accomplice, he will serve quite some time in prison for his crimes."

Ivy took a breath, "No one's blaming me." It was said as a reassurance, mainly to silence the intrusive thoughts. If only it actually worked.

Scott clasped a hand on her shoulder, the kind twinkle in his eye reminded her of her own father. "No one's blaming you except yourself. The media and all Luke's fans, who are also becoming your fans all support you and send all their love. So don't be so hard on yourself, you couldn't have known your ex will come back from the dead."

Ivy nodded, having nothing else to say, she changed the subject, "Have they found Kendra yet?"

Scott's face turned sombre, the grey sky outside matched his mood perfectly. "Yes, they found her right where you said she was. She's laid to rest now. And she got her justice as you promised thanks to this one," He gestured to Luke, "it takes guts to shoot someone, especially in the head."

Ivy grasped Luke's hand in her own, she traced his skin with her thumb, a her lips curved softly, "He saved my life."

"And he'd do it again." Scott said right before the shrill sound of his ringing phone cut through the quiet atmosphere, he took the call and waved a hand at her, he was out the door a second later.

A sigh left Ivy, her eyes raked over Luke's face, memorizing each detail. He was breathing on his own, the life support no longer needed, much to her relief but even as he was slowly recovering, the doctors still couldn't determine when he'd wake.

It could have been anywhere between a few days and a few weeks. Naturally, she hoped for the former, she already longed to gaze into his green depths and its only been three days.

Twenty more minutes passed before Ivy left his room to return to her own. She was still in a wheelchair but received the good news that the chair will soon be unnecessary. When the doctor announced that she didn't have nerve damage, she hopped up and down on her bed and shouted 'hallujah!'

"There she is!"

Ivy jumped as the familiar voice suddenly shouted when she entered her room, her round eyes found Alex's smiling face . She was about to curse him out with sarcasm when a blue guitar behind his legs got her attention.

"Is that..." She trailed off, slowly wheeling forward without breaking her gaze from the instrument. There hadn't been much time to use it since Luke gave her it on her birthday and it was safe to say that she had been looking forward to the moment she got to play those chords.

"What, that?" Alex gave the guitar a disgusted look and crossed his arms, seemingly offended. "I had to wait for two hours to get through security and you're not even happy to see me. This is friendship abuse, I tell you."