Chapter Seven

“—and moving on to the music section, the news is just in that pop singer Luke—” Ivy switched the television off, allowing the inky dark screen to stare back at her as she threw the remote to the side, grimacing as it hit the floor with a loud smack.

Hopeful that she didn't just completely kill the family room's remote, she fell back on the couch after she retrieved the item and placed it on the safe place of the coffee table.

The night she had come home from the date — she saw it as a date now after much overthinking — she barely slept a wink. She was up before the sun was and excitedly counted down the minutes to when she could finally go to work with the hopes of running into Luke again.

Her breakdown was long forgotten and she told herself that she'd see him again after the date so that they could at least exchange numbers — which neither of the two had thought about doing previously. The voices that told her he just didn't want to give her his number was the reason were shot down as she willed herself to think positively.

All optimism was down the drain when the tour busses were out of sight when she arrived at work that Tuesday morning. Still, she persisted to ignore her mind and think that the singer and his crew were still around. However when she walked into the music store and met Claire's eyes, her best friend told her all she needed to know. He left.

Naturally she knew this was coming. That's why she thought her plan of staying away from him was rock solid but fate has always been cruel to her and didn't happen. Now she was left behind with a bleeding wound, while pretending that she wasn't hurt.

A day turned into two, two turned into a week and before she knew it two weeks had passed. When her best friend questioned her about the date she only gave vague answers and refused to speak about it further. Whenever the news mentioned something about him she immediately turned it off, not wanting to hear it. Not wanting to see some pictures paparazzi snapped of him with a girl that's much prettier than Ivy would ever be.

By now Ivy was back to being herself. It was just a minor moment of being thrown off balance and she was proved yet again why she shouldn't just run around and wildly trust strangers. She was completely fine with never seeing the singer again, she was even glad she wouldn't have to deal with the type of life he had.

Her own thoughts sounded exceptionally cruel to her ears, especially because the life he led was the type she had dreamt of as a child but she had her coping mechanisms and could only hope that they actually did the job.

“Oh goodie, you're here!” Catherine exclaimed with a smile as she marched into the living room.

“I thought I was on Mars,” Her sister ignored her sarcastic remark as she plopped down beside Ivy.

“Since when did your life turn into something out of a book? Meeting the celeb, falling in love with him just for him to break your poor delicate heart.”

“Firstly,” Ivy began, holding up a finger and turning to face her sister fully,“I did not fall in love with him. And secondly, if I'm the character in some book then you're the annoying little sister.”

Catherine scoffed in outrage at the smug look on Ivy's face,“Like ever! If anything, I'm the main character.”

“Oh you are?” Ivy challenged, crossing her arms,“Then what am I?”

Now it was the younger girl's turn to smirk, her eyes twinkling mischievously. She leaned closer like she was about to drop a giant bomb and whispered,“The annoying, big sister of course.”

Ivy flattened her lips into a thin line,“I walked right into that one didn't I?” With a shake of her head at herself, bumped her shoulder against her younger sister,“So what would the great Catherine's book be about then?”