District 6 - Female

Name: Clara Mallard

Age: twelve

Gender: female

District: Six

Appearance: People have often (unkindly) said that Clara looks like a mouse. This is not true. She looks human, just with quite mouse-like features; a small snub nose, narrow face and small black eyes that never stay still. She is also very small and is often mistaken for being younger than she actually is. She moves with quick, scurrying motions and rarely speaks above a whisper. Her hair is very thin and hangs down by her ears. It is not, as you might expect, mouse-brown, but more a grubby shade of blonde.

Personality: Clara is the quiet girl in the corner who nobody notices. You know the one…well, probably you actually don’t. She doesn’t speak unless spoken to, and even then will probably only reply in monosyllables. She much prefers to watch and her powers of observation are very strong. Around people she is comfortable with – basically just her family – she has a shrewd sense of humour and a warm smile, but very few others would know that. She has a strong idea of authority and power systems, and will take orders from anybody she sees as being placed above her (which is almost everyone). She is often nervous but has moments where she can be surprisingly brave.

Token: a bolt that she once found lying around on the floor, abandoned. She’s not really sure why; she just thinks it might remind her of home.