District 8 - Female

Name: Jute Zephyr (THINK OF THE SCRABBLE SCORE!)

Age: eighteen

Gender: female

District: Eight

Appearance: Jute looks spiky. Admittedly, that is mostly her hair, which is very, very short and sticks out around her head in sharp black points, but it could apply to the rest of her too. She’s tall and gangly and seems to be all angles, and she has the disconcerting ability to stand as if she doesn’t really know where all her limbs are. This impression is made even worse whenever she moves, and it sometimes looks like she’s defying the laws of physics just by staying upright. Whenever she has to do something more complicated than walking, it always looks like she’s done it by accident. However, Jute doesn’t feel any of this awkwardness; it’s just how her body works.

Personality: Jute has a strong personality to go with her distinctive looks. She has a very sarcastic and non-sentimental way of looking at things, and is naturally an abrasive person with very few friends and plenty of enemies. She believes fiercely in giving as good as you get, whether that’s verbal or physical, and is generally considered to be a bad person to annoy because of her scathing retorts. She doesn’t like to be seen as weak so she often overdoes it and is too aggressive instead. She is incapable of telling a lie, but tends to deliver the truth in a way that always makes it sound like an insult. It’s not a surprise that people believe that it’s impossible for her to be nice. Sometimes, even Jute herself believes it.

Token: a rock. There’s nothing really special about it; it’s just a smooth grey rock that fits in her pocket and isn’t big enough to cause any damage. She once scratched her initials on it – or rather, tried to – with a needle. Unsurprisingly, the needle was not allowed as a token.