CHAPTER FOUR

PENELOPE

PENELOPE

I'm surprised to see Max so energetic this morning. We wake early and go for a three mile jog, stopping by the supermarket to grab some ingredients to make a healthy breakfast of avocado and eggs.

After he spent all night up in the bedroom, my friends were concerned about him enough to message this morning to check in. I let them know he's feeling better and rest my phone back on the breakfast table.

"Do you want to talk about last night?" I ask, forking in some food.

Max, who is looking a lot fresher after a shower shrugs. "I messed up. It won't happen again."

I nod. "I'm just making sure you're feeling okay."

"I'm pissed off at myself," he says, covering his mouth when he chews.

I give him the time to swallow before speaking again. "At least you will remember that feeling and use it as a guide when things get too much again."

He just nods.

We sit in silence while we finish eating and when Max gets up to wash the dishes, I follow. My arms wrap around his waist while my face presses deep on his spine. I smile when his soapy fingers rub my arm and hop up when he turns to pick me up so I can settle next to the sink.

Our lips meet once, then he nuzzles my cheek, separating to wash the pots. I keep hold of his bicep the entire time, settling at our relaxing chatter. I grab the dish cloth and start drying for him, almost dropping the plate when he rests a hand on my knee and the other around my neck to kiss me.

There's no words. The way he goes deep and presses our tongues together. It sets me alight. My feet poke at him until he settles between my legs, groaning into my mouth when I pull him towards me.

"God, you're so gorgeous," he says, his fingers running up the back of my head.

I press my hips against his to find his erection waiting for me. "I need you."

"Right you are," he says, in a strange voice, grunting as he hitches me up to carry me up the stairs. "What's so funny, huh?"

I snort into his neck. "I'm just giddy." And that accent he used is something else.

My head hits the soft pillows of the unmade bed, and Max yanks off the quilt. I reach up to pull his hoody over his head, shuddering from the feel of him unbuttoning my cardigan to pull my bra down. A soft and warm mouth sucking on my nipples one at a time, using his hands to unbuckle my bra clasp.