Chapter 15

~fluffy chapter, also HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GUYS GET THIS STORY TO 180+ READS SO FAST I CANT BELIEVE IT THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, enjoy :)~

RD's POV

Time to get up. It's 5 in the morning. Day 4 of trying to prove I've changed to AJ. She always wakes up at 6.30 for some reason. I've been living with them for the past few days. I couldn't figure out what to do. I've wasted enough time. Today's the day. I take a lot of time to make food and clean up. So I woke up at 5 today.

I get the pancake ingredients. What on earth is a tablespoon and a teaspoon? I think they're the same thing. I put them in and mix it. Is it supposed to be that chunky? How do you turn on the stove? How did she do this everyday so easily? I finally figure it out. I put the batter on it and give it a few minutes. It's smoking. Is that good? What if it burns? I just take it out in case. I think it looks... decent? I try to pour maple syrup on it and put fruits on it. That should neaten it up at least. I clean up and wait for AJ to come down. Sure enough, at 6.30 on the dot, she comes down.

She takes a look at the plate on the table and raises an eyebrow at me. "I...I um...I wanted to make breakfast for you. I made pancakes."

She gives me an amused look at sits down. She takes a bite and makes a weird face. "Dash. How much baking powder did ya put into this thing?"

"The recipe said half a teaspoon. But I thought teaspoons and tablespoons are the same. So I used a tablespoon."

"What? They're different and can't be used interchangeably. Second question, how long did you cook this thing for? It's not cooked properly."

"Erm...a few minutes? I...I didn't want it to be too burnt or anything so I took it out after I saw smoke."

"How was the consistency?"

"The...what?"

"You know, how smooth it was, were there any chunks?"

"There were a lot of chunks, but I thought it was normal."

She stares at me for a count of three. She bursts out laughing like crazy.

"Oh, Dash, you don't know the first thing about this, do you? You really are adorable trying to cook breakfast this early in the morning. I could hear you at 5 in the morning, shuffling around in the kitchen. Come on, I'll teach you."

She called me adorable. And I got upgraded from Dash to Rainbow. This is good. With AJ there are a few levels: Dash- Rainbow- Sugarcube- Hun- Babe- Love. It took me a year to get out of the friend zone. So her calling me Rainbow means she's gonna be more open to the concept of us.

We spent the rest of the morning making pancakes. She handled the ingredients, I mixed them up. She showed me how to make sure the flour got mixed properly. Then came the hard part.

"Okay, you flip the pancake when it's ready, smoking is fine. Watch." She flipped it over gently, and the other side was ready and smooth and perfect. Just like her.

After a while she flips it over again and puts it on a plate.

"Now your turn." She passed the flip thingy to me. I pour the batter into the pan. So far so good.

We wait in awkward silence.

"So...what...do...I..." Get it together, Dash. I take a deep breath.

"Do you...wanna...go out on a date with me? Just the two of us, I'll take you somewhere. Today? Maybe?"

She smiles. "I would love that."

We gaze into each others' eyes. I look into her glistening emerald orbs.