Chapter 2

~welcome to chapter 2, this is more interesting so erm, yea, go read it :)~

I snap my gloves on and look at the dusty abyss that lies in front of us. Lil' Cheese coughs and swipes her hand.

"How long has all this been sitting here? The 1900s?"

"Since my mom was in high school at least. I found old yearbooks."

I flip through them, but there's nothing interesting in them. I tell Cheesy to find a rainbow covered photo album. 

We search for about an hour before finding it. Lil' Cheese finds it in a box labeled "Canterlot High". Interesting name. Never heard it before. This is along with a notebook of some sort, maybe her diary? I quickly slip the contents of it into a bag and we run down to my room. 

"Autumn! What's with all that banging?" 

"Sorry, mom! Just taking a short break!"

"Okay, I'm heading into town to get some things and meet with people, I'll be home for dinner. Take care of yourselves. Lil' Cheese can stay for dinner if she wants."

"Okay! Thanks mom!"

I hear the door close. We got lucky. I chose the right day.

I open up the book and quickly see the first picture

I open up the book and quickly see the first picture. It's a picture of 7 teenage girls in it. I quickly spot mine and Cheesy's moms. They look so...happy and young. Mine especially. She looks so carefree. 

"Look at their faces here. They look...younger than expected."

I smack her.

"What? They do. How old are they?"

I look at the date. It says 2001. That means this was...20 years ago. Wow.

We flip through the pages. Wow, there are a lot. Looks like they went to a camp together, were in the yearbook committee, they did a lot together, basically.

"The one with the glasses looks familiar. Have you seen her before?" I ask Cheesy.

Cheesy took a look and shook her head. "No, but she does look familiar."

I flip on and gasp. I show Cheesy a picture of my mom...and a rainbow-colored hair girl. They were kissing. The picture looks like someone took it secretly. Woah. My mom is gay?

I flip and see even more pictures of them. The red hair girl and the one with glasses were a couple too. Talk about group dating.

I judge Cheese and show her. "Look, those two were a couple too."

"Those two have names. They all do."

"Of course they have names. What do you mean?"

Cheese rolls her eyes and flips to the first page of the book. Oops. I missed it. It says the glasses girl and red haired girl were called Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer. The pink haired girl is Aunt Pie, obviously. Pinkie Pie is her full name. The one with white skin and purple hair's name is Rarity. There's another pink haired girl, but with yellow skin and a lighter tone. Her name is Fluttershy. And then there's my mom. Applejack. Then the rainbow haired girl's name is...Rainbow Dash. Talk about an obvious name.

Looking through the photo album, they look so happy and...right together. All 7 of them. They look like they're meant to stay friends. But what happened?

"Autumn." Cheese taps me. I turn around and see a stack of papers. She hands them to me wordlessly. It's...love letters. Old-fashioned, but what would you expect of my mom.

They look like they're from someone called RD. Rainbow Dash. The girl from the photo album. Nothing particularly catches my eye, just her saying sweet nothings to my mom. "All the stars could never compare to how your eyes sparkle." "The sound of your laugh is like an earworm, I can't stop thinking about it." "I can't wait to grow old with you and our child." Wait, what?

This...Rainbow Dash...is my other mom? She's the one I've been begging my mom to tell me about my whole life?

I turn to Lil' Cheese. "Look. This is my other mom. I finally know who she is." My eyes fill with tears. Cheese wraps me in a hug. We just sit there for a while, while I cry my eyes out. My mom. My other mom. I finally know who she is.