Chapter 13

~hellooo here's a kinda pure fluff one, enjoy :)~

"Hey, wanna take a break? Go out? I asked your moms and they agreed already." I ask my friends.

"Sure. Where are we going?" Shy says, turning off her phone and standing up.

"Equestria Land."

Cheese jumps up. "I'm in."

"Where?" Shy asks.

"You don't know what Equestria Land is? It's the best place ever! They've got rollercoasters, candy, booths, rides, it's so fun! You are coming." Cheese says, dragging Shy out to my car.

Time Skip

We arrive there. "Where do ya wanna go first?" Cheese asks.

"I wanna go home and sleep."

"Come on, let's go and get some cotton candy, maybe that'll wake you up." I say.

"Warning, Cheese is super hyper on sugar, literally anything sweet, she goes into a sugar high. Her mom's the same. The one time we came here with her and her mom, they were crazy. Trust me, it's hilarious, but a handful. Luckily we only have her to deal with today, but she's like an oversized toddler on candy. Just watch out for her." I whisper to Shy as Cheese comes back with the candy.

We finish the cotton candy and walk towards the rides.

"Bumper car?" I ask them.

"You're the boss." Shy says. Cheese nods her head enthusiastically.

We get the tickets and go in. I take the red one, Shy takes the yellow one and Cheese gets the blue one. The bumper cars are really hard to move. It doesn't turn properly. Well, that's the point of it, I guess.

"Incoming!" Shy yells, bumping into me and sending my car flying across and hitting the wall. How did she do that? I look at her questioningly. She shrugs. She points at Cheese. Cheese is a pro at this. She's basically flying across the walls and hitting everything in her path. Yup. The sugar has definitely kicked in.

We leave and head for the next thing. "Can we go to the rollercoaster? Can we can we can we can we can we?" Cheese asks, jumping up and down.

"Sure. Shy?" She nods. We head for the rollercoaster. The peoples' screams are really loud. The roller coaster has two loops and a super steep slope thing that's really high. This'll be so fun.

I sit alone while Shy sits with Cheese. I can already hear Cheese squealing loudly from behind me. Poor Shy. She sounds exasperated.

"Woohoo!" I yell as the ride plummets. It goes on two loops, both on which I can hear Shy screaming. We get off. "How was it?"

"Fun!" Cheese yells.

"I'm gonna throw up." Shy runs to the bathroom.

When she gets back, we open back up the map and decide where to go next.

Time Skip

"Okay, last thing for today?" I look down at the map. We've managed to go for everything except... the Ferris Wheel!

"Ferris Wheel." I say, folding back the map and putting it into my pocket.

"Erm..." We both turn to Shy.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"Okay..." I decide to play it off as a minor thing. We go to the ride, get our carriage and get on. As we rise higher and higher, the view gets more and more breathtaking. I snap a few pictures before turning to my friends, grinning. I notice Shy isn't enjoying herself as much.

"You're afraid of heights, aren't you?"

She nods.

"Why didn't you tell us? We didn't need to go on this ride if you didn't want to. It's a friends day out, and that includes all of us."

"I just...didn't wanna ruin the mood. I'm sorry."

"You didn't. It's okay. It's okay to say no sometimes." Cheese says, scooting over to hug her. It turns into a group hug. We reach the peak. The ride stops.

"Attention all passengers. The ride has some minor problems and will be fixed soon. Please stay calm and in your seats."

I groan. Seriously? Now? I look down below. Woah. They stopped us when we were at the peak. On second thought, good timing. I look at Shy. But then again, maybe not.

"Shy." I say, getting up and sitting beside her. "Close your eyes. Trust me. If you fall, we'll catch you. Close your eyes." She gives in. I turn her face towards the beautiful view. "Open."

She opens her eyes and they widen. "Wow. Now that is a view." She says. She looks down and quickly closes them again.

"Hey, look at me." She does. "I'm holding onto you. You won't fall. Trust me. I won't let you fall." She gulps. "Close your eyes again." This time I turn her to face the carnival down below. "Now open them."

She's scared at first, but I hold her tight. "I'm holding you. You will not fall. I swear." She slowly gets more comfortable. I look down too. The sounds of life and people coming and going are beautiful. I look at her. She's really enjoying it. I never noticed how her eyes sparkle when she likes something, or how nicely her hair framed her face, or how soft and perfect her yellow skin looked. Wait. Stop. I'm not...falling for...Discordance Shy. Am I? Does she like me back? She suddenly turns to me and I try to play it cool.

"Thank you." She whispers, leaning in to kiss me. The world seems to fade away as I kiss her back.

"Ahem." We pull away suddenly. We forgot Cheese was here. "This is sweet and all, but they've started moving again. We look down. We have about 10 min until we reach the ground again. I look at her and blush. When I fall, I fall hard.

"Do you...do you like me?" She mumbles, looking at me hopefully.

"Yes. I really, really, really like you."

She smiles. "I do too." I return it.

"I wanna take you on a date once all of this blows over. When we're not dealing with some crazy love story about my moms." I say.

"I would love to do that."

We look back out to the horizon.

"So, we're dating? Just to confirm." I say quickly, not wanting to be misunderstood.

She laughs. "Yes, Autumn. We are." I grin. She leans on my shoulder as we're lowered down the Ferris Wheel.