Chapter 17

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Santa's POV

After dinner I tried to offer my services in clearing the table and washing the dishes but Mrs. Puangmalee turned down my offer saying that the housekeeper would take care of everything.

I noticed that Cooheart was rather quiet during dinner.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him as he slowly walked towards the living room.

"Not really," he admitted. "I have been wanting to talk to Title but he is preoccupied with his physical therapist."

"You can talk to me," I said. "I am a good listener. Let me ask Mrs. Puangmalee if we could borrow their guest room for a few minutes."

"Okay, thanks," Cooheart said, sitting on the couch in the living room to wait for me.

Mrs. Puangmalee gave me her permission without hesitation.

I hurried back to Cooheart, who by this time was looking distressed.

"Let's go to the guest room, Coo," I said, extending my hand to him. "Mrs. Puangmalee has given her permission for us to use the guest room."

Cooheart took my hand and I led him to the guest room.

The moment we entered the guest room and I closed the door after us, Cooheart burst into tears.

"You must tell me what's going on, Coo," I urged him. "You cannot keep your emotions bottled up."

"I really wanted to talk to Title but I can't get the chance!" he said between sobs.

"Let me get him for you," I said, running out of the guest room to look for Title.

Title wasn't in the living room. I walked into the foyer leading to the front door.

"Title! Cooheart is looking for you! He badly needs to talk to you!" I said before I realized that he was with Kaownah his physical therapist and ... oops ... it looked like I had interrupted a kiss that was happening between them.

Kaownah immedately straightened up saying, "Good night, Title, I'll see you tomorrow."

"He better have a good reason for wanting to talk to me," Title muttered as he wheeled himself back inside. "Where is he?"

"In the guest room," I supplied the information.

"Why is he in the guest room?" Title asked, visibly annoyed.

"I think it's going to be a really private conversation with you," I warned him. "He was in tears when I left the room to look for you. He said that he really, really needed to talk to you."

Title wheeled himself quickly to the guest room.

I ran ahead and opened the door for him.

Cooheart was still crying when Title and I entered the guest room.

Title turned to me and said, "Would you mind leaving Cooheart and me alone?"

"It's okay, Title," Cooheart said. "I would like to hear his opinion as well."

"Opinion on what" Title asked.

"Kao and I broke up," Cooheart said, his voice quivering with emotion. "It was a mutual agreement but we did not specify any reason to each other for wanting to break up."

"What was your reason for breaking up with him?" I asked before Title could say anything.

"I think he has been secretly in touch with his ex-girlfriend," Cooheart said. "I think he's still in love with her."

"If it's just your suspicion it would be best that you find out for sure," Title advised Cooheart. "You cannot break up with him based on suspicion alone."

"I can't!" Cooheart cried. "I'm too proud to do that. If he really loved me he would have tried to persuade me not to break up with him, but he readily agreed, so what am I supposed to think."

"Forget your pride," I said firmly. "Not knowing for sure will only prolong your misery."

"Santa is right," I was surprised to hear Title agree with me.

"I can't do it face to face," Cooheart said, still looking undecided.

"Then talk to him on your phone," Title said. "Call him right now. Santa and I will be here to lend you our moral support."

With trembling hands, Cooheart pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Put him on speaker," Title urged. "So that we can advise you on how to respond to whatever he says to you."

"Okay," Cooheart said, his face looking really pale.

Soon Title and I could hear the ringing on Cooheasrt's phone.

"Hello," we heard Kao's voice. It sounded soft and hesitant.

"Yes, Cooheart?" Kao prompted when Cooheart kept quiet.

"I ... I would like to talk to you if you're not busy," Cooheart said.

"Do you want to talk right now on the phone, or do you want to talk face to face when you come back home?" we heard Kao ask.  "Rose said that you're at Title's house with your mom right now."

"I'd rather talk on the phone right now," Cooheart said.

"I'm listening," Kao said.

"I just wanted to know if the real reason you broke up with me is because you're still in love with your ex-girlfriend," Cooheart's voice broke at the end of his sentence.

We heard a bitter laugh from Kao.

"You really want to know the real reason why I agreed to break up with you, Cooheart?" he asked.

"Wasn't what I asked you the real reason for our break up?" Cooheart asked tearfully.

I could see the tears falling silently down Cooheart's cheeks.

"No, Cooheart," we heard Kao saying firmly and bitterly. "The real reason I agreed to break up with you was because I was aware that Sek is your boyfriend now."

"Who is Sek?" Title and I asked at the same time, forgetting to keep our voices low.

"Who are those people with you???" Kao demanded to know.

Oh oops, oh shit.

I clapped my hand over my mouth. I saw Title doing the same.