Chapter 9

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Kao's POV

"How many evening classes do you have?" Cooheart asked me when I bent down to kiss him on his forehead just before heading for the front door.

I adjusted my backpack's position on my back before replying, "Just two classes, sweetheart. So expect me to be back a little after dinner."

"Will you be heading to the university cafeteria after classes or will you have dinner here?" Cooheart asked.

"Yes, I will be having dinner with you," I replied. "Please ask Rose to save dinner for me. What is she planning for dinner, anyway?"

"If she hasn't changed her mind, she'll be preparing Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with mixed greens on the side," Cooheart replied.

My mouth watered at the image of Rose's dinner.

"Then definitely ask her to save dinner for me," I said emphatically.

I bent down once more to plant a kiss on Cooheart's forehead before leaving him.

"See you later, love," Cooheart called after me.

I blew him a kiss before going out the front door.

I glanced at the clock on my dashboard before starting the engine. Shit, I was running late. I sped out of the driveway and went a little over the speed limit hoping that there was no traffic officer around.

I parked my car in the university parking lot and rushed out of my car, remembering belatedly to grab my backpack and picking up the books and binder that could not fit in my backpack.

In my hurry I didn't see the other person coming my way and bumped hard into him, or was he the one who bumped into me. Was he the one not paying attention to where he was going or was it me.

Anyway, because he had bumped me hard, I lost my grip on my books and binder and they fell to the ground.

The guilty party immediately went on a crouching position to help me pick up the stuff that I dropped as a result of our collision.

"Thank you," I murmured at the same time that he was saying, "I'm sorry for bumping into you."

The moment I looked at his face, I recognized him. He was the substitute physical therapist for Cooheart. He seemed to recognize me too because his eyes widened while he studied my face.

Before the other guy could say anything, I said to him, "You are the one who provides physical therapy to my boyfriend."

I had to mention that Cooheart was my boyfriend in case this physical therapist was entertaining any silly ideas in his head.

I could tell that mentioning to him that Cooheart was my boyfriend had given him some kind of shock. He hadn't been expecting to receive that kind of information. I could sense that it was an unpleasant information for him.

"What, have I given you a shock?" I asked, with a smirk. Why was my instinct telling me that I was face to face with a possible competition for Cooheart's affection.

"Oh no, no, not at all," he denied smoothly.

"When are you going to provide Cooheart's next therapy session?" I asked him.

I noticed an almost imperceptible hesitation before he replied. "I have to call him to ask what day he is available."

And then just for good measure, I extended my hand to him saying, "By the way, my name is Kao. I am Cooheart's boyfriend."

The physical therapist accepted my offer of a handshake saying, "And I am Sek. I am Cooheart's physical therapist."

"You don't have to tell me that," I laughed awkwardly. "Of course you are Cooheart's physical therapist."

"Well, it's nice to know you officially," he said and moved to turn away.

I grabbed his arm.

"Please," I said, "please help him to quickly get back to his former level of functioning. You don't know how hard it is for me to wait until we can ... " Suddenly I realized that I was revealing too much of Cooheart's and my private life.

He moved away before I could say another word.

"I will do my best," he said as a parting shot.

I briefly watched as he made his way to his car and then I made a run for my classes.

I could not focus much on my lectures. My gut was telling me that Sek had lied to me about not knowing when his next therapy session with Cooheart was.

After my last class, I made a run for the parking lot. I could not wait to go back to Cooheart. Besides, I was looking forward to the delicious dinner that Rose had prepared. Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp was my absolute favorite dish.

I almost skipped and hopped to the front door, not noticing that Sek's car was parked on one side of the driveway.

I turned my duplicate key in the front door and turned the knob and lightheartedly walked in.

I was totally unprepared for what met my eyes.

Cooheart and Sek were lying on the physical therapy floor mat in the living room. Sek's arms were wrapped tightly around Cooheart, his face buried in Cooheart's neck. Cooheart's eyes were tightly closed, his nostrils flaring as if savoring the smell of Sek's manly fragrance.