Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Cooheart's POV

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon," Cooheart urged Title silently from his end, as he listened to the continuous ringing. It looked like Title was not going to take his call. 'What the hell are you up to, Title,' Cooheart asked silently and resignedly as he cut the call after he heard his call being directed to Title's voicemail.

Cooheart had badly needed to talk to someone about his current dilemma and of course his best friend Title was his first choice.

Cooheart sighed as he placed his phone back inside his pants pocket.

Cooheart's mind was in a turmoil. He needed to confide in someone.

Third Person POV

Cooheart's mom entered the hospital room just as Mrs. Puangmalee was taking her leave.

"Hi, Lily, hi, Nina," Mrs. Namwirote greeted her friends. "I brought an edible bouquet for you, Nina."

"Thank you so much," Nina said as she watched her son Santa take the edible bouquet from Mrs. Namwirote and set it down on the table at a corner of the room.

"Lydia," Mrs. Puangmalee addressed Mrs. Namwirote, "I was just about to leave. I have invited Santa to have dinner with me and Title at my house. Would you like to comer over with Cooheart and have dinner with us as well?"

Mrs. Namwirote hesitated to give an answer.  She was wondering if Cooheart's legs were strong enough to bear his weight by now. She could always give Cooheart some support during the short walk from the front door to the driveway... and into her car.

"It would be a lovely reunion of childhood friends," Mrs. Puangmalee added for good measure.

"Oh, I would really love to see Cooheart and Title again," Santa said excitedly.

That did it for Mrs. Namwirote.

"Okay, what time would you like us to be there?" she asked.

"Between six thirty and seven would be just fine," Mrs. Puangmalee said.

"Lovely," Mrs. Namwirote said and offered her cheek as Mrs. Puanmalee leaned to give her a goodbye kiss.

"Thank you for the visit and for inviting Santa to have dinner with you," Nina said from her hospital bed.

"Absolutely," Mrs. Puangmalee replied. "Get better soon please so that we can have our usual get together with Lydia here."

"I hope so," Nina said.

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =  =

"Are you alright?" Mrs. Namwirote asked her son when she came back from her hospital visit to find him looking all distraught.

"I ... I ... " Cooheart couldn't go on talking. He burst into tears.

"Come into my office," Mrs. Namwirote said, opening the door to her office and waiting for her son to wheel himself inside. "Did your therapist tell you when you can start putting weight on your legs?"

"Actually I can do so already, just not for a long period of time and not for long distances," Cooheart replied.

"Good, because Title's mom has invited us and Santa to have dinner at her house tonight," Mrs. Namwirote informed Cooheart.

"Santa ... oh yes, Santa the kid a few blocks away from here, oh god, I'm not sure that I can stand his presence. He used to be such a pesky kid, always trying to join Title and me when we were playing games," Cooheart said.

"Be nice to him," Mrs. Namwirote admonished her son. "His mother is in the hospital right now recovering from an emergency appendectomy."

"Okay," Cooheart said reluctantly.

"Now you wanna tell me what's bothering you?" Mrs. Namwirote felt concern at the troubled look on her son's face.

Without any preliminaries, Cooheart announced, "Kao and I have broken up."

Mrs. Namwirote sucked in her breath.

"Who decided, you or Kao?" Mrs. Namwirote asked after she recovered from the initial shock.

"It was a mutual agreement," Cooheart replied, "except that I'm not too sure now if it was the right decision."

"You mind telling me what made you and Kao reach the decision to break up?" Mrs. Namwirote asked, wanting to get to the bottom of things.

"I ... I think Kao has realized that he has never really stopped loving his ex-girlfriend," Cooheart replied, his sobs starting afresh.

What Cooheart did not know was that Kao had only said that to him because Kao could tell that Cooheart was falling for his physical therapist, Sek, and Kao was not willing to be part of a love triangle.

"Let's leave behind your misery this evening, and have fun at Title's house," Mrs. Namwirote suggested to her son.

"Yes, let's do that," Cooheart replied resolutely.

Anyway, Cooheart had really been wanting to talk to Title anyway. Cooheart was still wondering why Title did not answer his call earlier.

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =

With Mrs. Namwirote's assistance, Cooheart was able to make the short distance to the car in the driveway.

Mrs. Puangmalee met them at the door.

"Come in! Come in!" Mrs. Puangmalee said excitedly.

She gave a kiss to Mrs. Namwirote and to Cooheart.

"I'm so glad to see you back on your feet, Cooheart," Mrs. Puangmalee said.

Santa stepped forward from behind Mrs. Puangmalee.

"I'm so glad to see you again, Cooheart," he said with a big smile.

Cooheart stared at Santa. He did not recognize Santa right away. Santa had grown so tall from the last time that Cooheart had seen him. In fact, Santa was now taller than him. And ... and ... Cooheart hated to admit it but Santa had grown so incredibly handsome that Cooheart found his heart beating faster than usual.