Chapter 14

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Title's mom was met at the hospital lobby by Santa, her friend Nina's son.

"My, my, my, you have grown so tall and big!" Title's mom exclaimed upon seeing Santa. "What have you been doing to yourself?"

"Nothing really," Santa said shyly. "I have been studying and helping my mom run her bakery business."

"That's it!" Title's mom remarked. "The yeast that your mom has been using on the pastries helped you to grow so tall! Look at you, you're so much taller than I am now."

Santa chuckled as he led Title's mom to the elevator where it took them to the fifth floor where his mom's room was.

Title's mom greeted her friend Nina who was still looking pale and weak.

"I brought you a small basket of pears and oranges," Title's mom said, setting the basket on the bedside table and pushing it towards Nina.

"Thanks, Lily, it's very sweet of you," Nina said.

"How are you feeling right now?" Title's mom asked.

"A bit groggy from the anesthesia," Nina replied. 'I don't know how soon I will be released from here by my doctor."

"Be sure to eat well and take your vitamins," Title's mom advised Nina. "Nourishment is one of the key factors for recovering speedily."

"I will do that, thanks," Nina said. "How is Cooheart doing?"

"He's doing well, Nina," Title's mom replied. "I believe that today is his last day of therapy. Tomorrow he will start walking independently."

"I'm happy to know that, Lily," Nina remarked. "I'm sorry that Santa and I have not been over to see him. We were both really busy with the bakery business."

"I might pop over to see him on Saturday evening after dinner," Santa said from behind Mrs. Puangmalee.

"Why not come over for dinner instead?" Title's mom offered.

"I will still be busy closing the bakery," Santa explained.

"That's not a problem," Mrs. Puangmalee said. "I will set aside some dinner for you. Come straight over after closing your shop."

"Thank you so much, I would love to do that," Santa said with a big smile.

=      =      =      =      =      =

Title greeted Kaownah when he was led into the living room by Becky their housekeeper. His heart was thudding so loud against his chest that he was sure Kaownah could hear it.

"How are you feeling?" Kaownah asked Title as he set down his satchel and rolled up exercise mat on the sofa.

When Title did not answer right away, Kaownah followed up his question with another question. "Are you feeling strong enough to do a more rigorous exercise?"

"I ... I think so," Title said a little nervously.

"Don't worry," Kaownah said. "If it's too much for you, I can always shift to a slower gear."

Kaownah went over to Title.

"I will help you up from your wheelchair by propping you up from your underarms," Kaownah said. "Don't fight me now."

'As if I would' Title thought miserably. He badly needed the courage to tell Kaownah right here and now how he felt for him.

Title breathed in the manly fragrance of Kaownah as Kaownah helped him to a standing position.

"Hold on to either side of my waist," Kaownah instructed Title.

Title did as instructed.

"Keep holding on to my waist," Kaownah said as he started walking backwards.

Title had no choice but to move forward with every step that Kaownah took backwards.

On the fifth step, Title announced, "My knees are feeling weak."

Kaownah scooped him up and carried him back to his wheelchair.

When Kaownah tried to set him down on his wheelchair, Kaownah bent too close.

Title did not try to dodge at all. Title's lips willingly met Kaownah's.

At that very moment, Title's phone started to ring.

Title recognized the ringtone as the one he had assigned to Cooheart.