epilogue

ariana's epilogue ;)

   "y/n wake the fuck up. i tried to calm her down but she won't. she wants you." ariana grumbled into my ear, slapping my back with force. i groaned loudly, shoving my face into the pillow. "i hate her!" i cried, standing up from the bed and stretching my limbs.

   ariana sat up quickly, pointing her finger at me. "don't you dare say that or i'll chop your balls off." i held my hands up in defense, leaning down to kiss her briefly.

   "yes ma'am. i'll be right back." i wiped my tired eyes as i left our shared bedroom, making my way down the hall to mariana's room. i opened the door as quietly as i could, her cries only growing louder.

   i closed the door behind me, holding my arms out as i walked over to her crib. she was somehow standing up, her tiny hands gripping the bar. "what's wrong riri?" i whispered, latching my hands under her armpits to pick her up.

   her cries died down a little as she felt my touch, her body leaning into my torso. i rubbed her back and kissed her forehead, the small hairs on her head tickling my nose. sitting down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room, she cuddled further into my chest, her cries stopping completely.

   i was in a trance as i stared down at her, my heart swelling. she was nearly a year and a half—she was growing way too fast for mine and ariana's liking.

   mariana hummed, her hand grabbing onto my pinky as i stoked her back. i heard ariana's quiet footsteps padding down the hall, and soon enough the door was open. the small sound alerted mariana, her head peaking up to see who had entered.

   ariana smiled tiredly, closing the door. she had her cardigan wrapped around her as she held her arms out, her hands doing a grabby motion. "hi, baby! come see mommy!" she spoke excitedly, but mariana only blinked at her before closing her eyes again with her head down.

   i giggled, leaning down to kiss her head again. ariana pouted, crossing her arms at her chest. "why do they both like you more than me? i'm amazing, and you're just you." ariana groaned with a small laugh.

   i laughed with her, shrugging my shoulders. "i don't know, i guess i'm just more fun." ariana's mouth dropped, her hand swatting at my shoulder. "you are not more fun. i'm fun!" she argued.

   "sorry mom, but i'm with mama on this one." a sudden voice broke out making ariana and me look at the door. i smiled as i saw my son in his pajamas, holding my free arm out to him. he ran past ariana with a smile on his face, jumping into my lap with his sister.

   i kept my eyes on ariana who's mouth was still open, her arms crossed. "i can't believe you three." she shook her head, a smile tugging at her lips. i giggled, kissing the top of eli's curly head.

   this little fucker was six years old, and he was turning seven next year. i cried all the time just thinking about it—he was just a baby three months ago! i was thankful that he still liked to be held and shit like that, when most kids his age would think they were too old for that.

   i craned my head down to whisper in eli's ear, "tell your mom you love her." he looked up at me with his brown eyes, nodding his head. he then turned to his mother, an innocent smile on his face. "i love you mommy. but mama still gives better cuddles." he giggled, shoving his face into my neck.

   i smiled at ariana who came closer to us, leaning down to kiss eli and mariana's heads. "i love you too, eli." i looked up at her as she looked at me, her hand rising to lay on my cheek. she bent down again, pressing a kiss to my lips. "and i love you too."

   my smile grew against her lips as i shut my eyes briefly. "i love you too, mommy." i joked, poking her stomach with my finger. ariana giggled, standing next to the chair with her finger twisted in one of eli's curls.