four

my eyes fluttered open at the feeling of ariana's soft lips of my bare shoulder, leading up to my neck. as small smile grew on my tired face as i turned to her, noticing one on her face too. "morning, baby." she whispered, kissing my ear.

   i sighed, shoving my cheek into my pillow. "morning, ari."

   i was extremely tired from last night, running around with eli at an amusement park really wears you out. regardless, it was still one of the best days i had ever had in my life. it was just us three; no problems, no tension—just us as a family, which is something we haven't been in three years.

   ariana brought her hand up to my hair and stroked it, her eyes filled with a knew found love. "are you ready for the party tonight, hm?" she hummed.

   i groaned, scrunching up my face. i really did not want to go to this stupid ass work party, but ariana really wanted me to go—so i'll go. i just didn't want to get dressed up all nice and talk to people today. and, what the fuck was i supposed to talk about to a group of relators  i've never even met before?

   eli was going to stay at my mothers place for a while, but ariana and i didn't want him away from the house again, so we would pick him up after.

   "yeah, i guess." i shrugged, rubbing my nose roughly. ariana giggled and pecked my nose, rolling out of bed. "good! i can't wait to see you all done up." she wiggled her shoulders and bit her lip dramatically.

   i laughed and pressed my hands to the mattress, forcing myself out of bed. i stretched, walking over to the closet to grab a shirt. ariana was now in the bathroom brushing her hair as i slipped on a black t-shirt.

   i made my way to the bathroom, catching ariana put her hair into a ponytail. when she finished and her arms were out of my way, i wrapped my arms around her waist and dug my nose into her neck.

   she sighed out and giggled, her hands coming to rest on mine that were placed on her stomach. i lifted my head and put my chin on her shoulder so i could look into her eyes through the mirror.

   ariana looked down briefly before looking again at me, a nervous look in her eyes. "y/n?" she whispered, messing with my tattooed fingers. my lips quirked at the edges and i kissed her shoulder.

   "yes?" i sighed out.

   she cleared her throat, her hands starting to rub up and down my arms. "do—do you want more kids?" she breathed out. i abruptly stopped kissing her shoulder and looked at her again through the mirror.

  my grip slightly loosened around her as i shook my head, knocking me out of my thought. "wha—i mean, if you did then of course. i'm just happy with eli, but i wouldn't be complaining if we had another. w-why are you asking?" i explained.

   ariana just shrugged, the top of her shoulder hitting my chin. "i don't know, was just thinking about it." she bit her lip gently and looked down to her stomach. her fingers tangled in mine, her hands beginning to move mine to rub her stomach.

   i closed my eyes, placing my nose in her neck again. was having another child a good idea? i always told myself i would never have a child to save my marriage—but would it really help? how could i put another child through that—when eli already goes through so much?

   did i even want another baby with ariana?

——

  the rest of the day went by pretty quick, because i basically just played with elijah all day. it was now 7:30 and elijah was knocked out—oddly. i think i wore him out by chasing him around the house for about an hour, but who knows?