Epilogue

...2017...

...California...

It has been two years since the battle in Louisville. As a twenty one year old techno-organic I can look back at the event that changed the worlds view on alien robots and machinery. What I cannot forget is Steel going out of his way in a bulldozer with the Allspark spread around the scouped plow shaped shield with Allspark sharp thorns all around the rim. Optimus took the time to rip the Bulledozer in half and kill Steel. It was only a matter of one last attack on Optimus. 

It was Megatron who took the opportunity.

The Allspark being slammed into Optimus's chest had sent in several cracks and visible wounds. Megatron used his fusion cannon on Optimus. The battle of Louisville did have other major losses to both sides such as the loss of Brawl. Brawl is just one of the Decepticons I knew who died in the city from the Autobot's servos. What was left of the Allspark was put back together in it's very prominent cube shape.

Now most Decepticons were eager to return to their home and restore it using the Allspark because the Autobots no longer had a leader. Soundwave, on the other hand, wanted to stay. So Megatron granted the request.

"Auuuttto," Lassie's voice rings on the phone. "Hello; I am still here!"

I shook my head.

"Sorry," I apologize,walking over to the barriers along a empty water bed. "I zoned out."

"It's the anniversary," Lassie said. "Your birthday."

I bit my lip.

"Yeah," I said. "It is."

California has been in a long term drought.

Why is it that?

The water has not been replaced. The State has been contemplating what to do with this sorry scenery including the dead brown grass behind me in a contrary clean park. Making it into a resort didn't seem a very good idea since the dirt wouldn't be very cooperative with the construction workers. There is many dead trees still standing as though waiting for the great season of rain.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAAAY!" Lassie sang. "HAPPY TWENTY-FIRST BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Cha,cha, cha, woof!"

I smile.

"Thanks, pal." I said.

"You're welcome." Lassie said.

"How has Blanch been?" I ask.

"Same old same old," Lassie said. I saw two birds flying over the empty lake bird. When are these birds going to learn this source of life has since been drained? I hear rumbling sounds above in the sky. "Blanch has his moments thinking Steel did not die. I have to be there for Blanch; he sometimes make plans to hang out with his deceased friend at places."

It's hard to picture a guy,who would be there to help those he care about, now needing that kind of help. I felt sorry for Blanch. Nothing really was the same after the battle. Soundwave and I agreed to have our own living spaces and our own kind of lives.

"Well," I said, looking up towards the darkening gray sky. "What about you?"

"I married that man before any gold diggers came!" Lassie said. Lassie's attitude made me laugh. I look away from the sky towards the birds flying in a circle. "Blanch doesn't need some some one spending all his money and constantly buying expensive jewelry." Lassie shortly pauses. The birds flew overhead onto a tree branch making their usual sounds. "The only thing that has changed is me going to buy myself clothes."

I turn away from the barriers then head out of the park.

The weather channel did not say anything about a storm coming.