Chapter 33

The rest of the month, I spent unpacking and decorating my new apartment with all the stuff I had. It wasn't much. And I had to get some new furniture, too. All that was in there by Christmas was a bed James helped me carry up the stairs, and some thick blankets and bookshelves.

Still, I loved it. I had a giddy feeling inside every time I walked into the place, and every time I woke up in my new bed.

I smiled to myself as my eyes opened, and James' arm pulled me into his chest. He hadn't slept in his house since I moved. He'd either helped me organize my books, build the bed or just been here until it was too late to drive all the way back. Not that I was complaining, but if it continued, he'd better start paying the rent with me.

That was a joke.

"Merry Christmas," he muttered groggily against my temple, kissing it sweetly.

"Merry Christmas," I replied, turning in his arms. "When are you leaving today?"

"When I want." He grinned, finally opening his eyes so he could look at me. "My parents probably got home late last night, so I'll give them a couple of hours before I annoy them."

"They probably missed you so much."

I sighed, feeling my chest hollow out as I realized I had to go to dad's soon. Well, had to was a stretch. I could do exactly what I wanted, but I'd already told them I'd come. Christmas was family time, no matter what. I hadn't seen or spoken to any of them since Durfair—which was a month and a half ago—so I hoped it wouldn't be weird.

I just wanted a normal celebration.

"I can drop you off later," James said, moving on top of me. He leaned down to kiss me, our lips meeting in a passionate dance I could never get used to. My insides grew wings every time, and I was still living on that pink cloud when he was near. "But first," he added, "I'm gonna give you your present."

"Right now?" The question came out whiny, but I gasped as he positioned himself between my thighs, leaving a trail of kisses down my chest and stomach, as he disappeared under the covers.

I lifted the duvet, only to see the big smile on his face for a split second, before he pulled them down again. "No peeking," he ordered, "just lay back and relax, princess."

His voice turned husky at that last part, making my insides burn with desire. How he got air under there, I didn't know, and when my underwear was pushed aside, and the fabric was swapped with his lips, I stopped asking myself that. I stopped thinking at all, and closed my eyes and enjoyed the feel of him.

Sweet kisses and teasing swirls with his tongue. It was both heaven and hell. Torture and bliss. He groaned against me, the warmth of his breath causing me to arch my back and moan in response. "Just like that, princess," he said, right before I felt his finger teasing my opening. His voice was muffled under the duvet, but it still gave my spine a chill.

My hands curled around the sheets, pulling on them, as I focused on the great feeling of being licked and teased and kissed. First one finger, then two, slid into me, slowly moving as his tongue rolled around my most sensitive spot. He knew exactly what that did to me—and he loved it.

Thighs already shaking, I threw my head back, emptying my head of anything but James and his magical mouth and fingers. And it didn't take long until his name was on my lips, and my whole body shook from waves of pleasure, causing me to pant by the time his grinning face came up from the duvet.

His lips were wet as he kissed me, his tongue sliding over mine, just like he'd done with my core only seconds ago.

"That was a nice present," I said when he pulled back.