Bonus

FINLEY GENOVESE

        I was sitting in the food court with Presley after a long day of running out of shopping malls and tasting a hundred different greasy-filled food.

        Silvio was the babysitter in charge for today.. and despite his occasional grumbling, he followed us around and didn't budge not even once from his spot.

A few months had passed since our honeymoon; While Octavius worked on handing the issues of the Crime Family to Fabiano, I worked on finishing my studies and acquiring my degree.

        The married life was somewhat sweet and often involved disagreement but we never disagreed for long. After a few minutes of my pouting and self-induced crying, he would quickly pull me into his arm and whisper sweet things.

We hadn't sat down and talked about it yet but I knew Octavius wanted children, and I did as well but I was terrified of being a mother. It wasn't about being a good mother necessarily but I grew up in a household where my own mother was not a example of a good mother.

She didn't provide me with a stable household and my brothers were tasked with the responsibility of being both a father and a mother for me even if they were the best.

They tried.

The sound of a cooing distracted me from my thoughts and I titled my head to the side, taking in the precious sight of a baby—less than ten months—and the sunshine-filled laughter that fell from his lips. My heart throbbed with desire and I sighed to myself.

Yep, definitely want those.

       Presley held my hand tightly and squeezed. A warm smile extended on her lips as she watched the sweet interaction beside us. Almost silently saying you'll have that too, don't worry.

        We watched for a few seconds before Presley started cleaning up to attend her next class. She hugged me tightly with a kiss on my cheek and waved while Silvio silently watched her.

        Like he always did.

        "You can talk to her, you know." I mumbled softly while he walked over to me and effortlessly grabbed all the shopping bags in one hand. "Do you like like her... or... or not." I flushed when he slid a quick glance over at me.

        "Principessa."

        I gulped. "Yes."

        "Walk, please." He added in a low voice, teeth gritted and jaw clenched. He definitely likes her. Ship. Regardless I started walking a couple of steps in front of him before I would fall back and get left behind.

        He would sigh... loudly before falling back in sync with me. It wasn't my fault that I couldn't keep up with his very long legs.

        I'm only five-foot seven... okay fine, five-foot-one.

        "You know.." I started as I buckled in my seatbelt, and Silvio began driving. He watched me silently from the mirror but said nothing. Perhaps he was listening to me talk. "A lot of people like you, and by a lot, I mean a lot! I mean Presley is a nice girl, and she's gorgeous, and I think you would be boyfriend material. You know?"