xxxvii

PAPI OCTAVIUS

Temptation. The root of all hunger. An invitation to sin. Finley Van Doren. My little temptation. The darkest temptation I've ever had. I had never been as tempted to ruin her silky, delicate skin with my calloused hands, taint her pure heart with every bit of darkness in me, and sniff out the addicting spark in those beautiful brown eyes.

I wanted to ruin her with every fuckin' muscle inside of me. Wrap my whole fist twice—maybe thrice around her goddamn hair, and willingly drag her into oblivion with me.

For years, I had pinned over her like a fuckin' dog, and now it was so hard to even believe that she was mine.

Every morning, I woke up to the gentle, butterfly kisses that trailed down my spine, absorbing her sweet soft snores that I was absolutely consumed with. Her tiny fingers hopelessly twisted with mine, the shine of the pure white sheets that reflected off her naked back exposing the minuscules moles everywhere.

And I could stay in that moment willingly listening to the sound of her snores. Bliss.

You know how it felt when you finally got something you had pinned, willed for so long, the shattering, addicting warm flush that exploded through you. The foreign feeling of selfishness and doubt because I finally had her after years—that was what it felt. Fuckin' heaven. Paradise. And there was no way in hell I would ever leave that paradise. Ever.

        Did she consume me to the point where my brain completely stopped functioning? Absolutely. And I loved every single moment of it.

I was selfish, absolutely greedy dragging her into a world she knew nothing about but I couldn't care less. She couldn't spend one night without my cock in her, and I couldn't—wouldn't—survive a minute without her.

        If she wasn't alive, I would find every possible way to take myself out along with her. I would rather die tomorrow than living the rest of my life without knowing her. I couldn't imagine living in a world where all of her fuckin' love for cat didn't exist, and her sunshine smile.

        Finley Van Doren was my vice. And she was unconditionally mine, and I would be damned if I ever let anyone ruin the only good fuckin' thing in my life.

        And right now, I was on my way to witness just how fuckin' blessed I was. Or maybe show her how much I was absolutely consumed with her, and perhaps treat her like the fuckin' slut she was. My slut, of course. Respectfully.

With the suddenness of a cat leaping upon its prey, I leaned forward and caught her into my arms. Molding my chest to her back, I pressed my hardness into her round ass.

My warm lips pressed to the side of her neck, whispering softly as I dragged her into the hell and heaven that were whirled together in my head. My own secret hell. And I would gladly burn there.

        "I distinctly remember wanting to hear how sorry you are for misbehaving." Sharp, unfiltered gasp as I folded her fragile body towards the wall, turning her chest to mine. Molded together endlessly. "Seems like my Finley's grown a pair of wings, hm?"

Those goddamn cheeks blazed with a hidden desire, instantly seducing every little bit of anger I had felt till I entered our bedroom.