xii

FINLEY

"No one's coming for you. There's no one here expect for me. Follow my voice, Baby. I'm here, it's alright. No one's going to hurt you." His eyes softened as they searched mine for the remnant of the lost pieces of my soul.

There was a crunch of gravel behind me, not the kind of continuous noise you'd get from a rolling car, but the defined short crunch of a footstep. Footsteps. The darkness pressed in on me as I fought the urge to turn around. Then there came another crunch, this time lighter and slower as if the commander of the noise was trying to be quiet, to sneak up on me perhaps.

As fast as I could, I attempted to break out in a sprint before I felt a strong hand shot out and grasped onto my arm, gripping my elbow in a brutal hold.

It's him. He's here.

        "Merda, Calmati." Deep voice snarled. "Baby, calm down. You're going to get worked up and pass out. No, don't do that." Pair of rough, sinewy hands cautiously held my fingers, squeezing them tightly as an attempt to calm down my racing heart though it did quite the opposite. "Sh, you're going to hurt yourself, Finley. Breathe. Breathe with me."

(Shit. Calm down)

"Doll, I'm offended. Were you trying to run away from me?" A deep familiar voice asked so gruffly that I jumped. Instinctively, I lowered my head feeling the need to diminish myself and curl into a ball, disappearing from his scrutinizing gaze. "Whenever I'm talking, I want you to fucking look me in the eye. Do you understand me?"

I rapidly bobbed my head up and down, the intense feeling of fear overpowering any natural instinct I had, and locked me into a cage with the keys nowhere in sight. He was so brutal with his words, taking any chance he could get to include profanities.

"I said... do you understand?" He gritted out, syllable by syllable; his fingers reaching out to take hold of my chin and held it captive between his ashen palms.

I could feel my stomach roiling at the distaste of his horrid touch.

"Y-yes. Yes." I whispered in a tight voice.

"What was that?" I could feel the tension and the intensity in his voice. "Did you fucking just get angry at me? Is that it, doll? You want to disobey me, now?"

"No, no. P-please just... just let me go-"

In a spilt second, outstretched hands seized my elbow, trapping them to my sides and pushed me roughly against the wall. Glowing bright dark blue eyes prodded into mine, burning down my barricades of protection piece by piece.

"You don't tell me what to do, you hear me?" Before I could answer, there came the sound of a rip as they pulled the fabric of my clothes apart, stripping me bare.

His dark eyes lit with lust as his hands ravaged over me. I could feel rough brutal hands unexpectedly made their way onto my lock of hair, and grabbed a fistful of it.

Fingers dug into my skull, the four blackened ovals that would bruise after the blood had dried; I could hear his manly voice panting, the pressure in his breath, like an animal in heat. He shut his eyes tight, and snuck his nose into my hair. Oh god.