TONIGHT

'She ran with all of her power left in her limbs, but it was not enough.

It was never enough, because she wasn't just surrounded by humans, she was surrounded by Vampires.'

~Adira Benson

~~

"Your eyes." Damian's cool voice hissed, his breath fanned Adira's cheek, and sent millions of sparks down her spine, and as always, she felt her toes curl involuntarily. She looked down at the small shiny button on the jacket of Damian as she felt his finger trace the corner of her eyes, Adira shivered under his touch, which aroused the feelings from her, which she never knew if she could feel.

"What about them?" Adira slowly whispered, her chest constricted and her lungs filled with the spicy smell of her mate.

"Open them." With a few words, the urge to obey him nagged at her belly, made her feel the wild butterflies flap her wings at the pit of her stomach, making her want to fall down on her knees and let Damian gaze into her green-glowing eyes. But she knew better than that, she had to hide this from him, she had to...at any cost. So she did what she thought was right, and defied him, she shook her head 'no'.

Damian's breathe felt closer, and closer with each passing second, more closely than she could ever imagine. And all of a sudden, she felt something feathery and soft grazing her lips, and her eyes snapped open without her knowing, as she felt sparks travel down her whole body, her toes curled as she gazed into his dark obsidian eyes.

Damian's face was so close to her face, so close, that if she moved a little bit, her lips would surely find their way to Damian's lips. She found his rich obsidian dark eyes boring in to hers, and his lips touching hers, erupting sparks, as his hand dragged down from her eyes, down from her face, and eventually down to her neck.

And suddenly he gripped her neck, knocking all the air out of her, for once and all.

"Who are you?"

~

Ruri Hale, a human with a power, that she never knew where she got them from, her parents always kept her in their protection, but in the realm where Vampires, humans, and werewolves and many other species coexisted, the probability of Ruri finding a mate was half and half, but she never knew or never even guessed if she would have a mate, and on top of all of that, the Vampire king as her mate.

Now, with blood unknowingly sweeter than any creature in the realm, Ruri was thrown in the castle full of Vampires, but the most important of all, why did her parents agreed to let her go in the castle?

Because even as a human, sweet blood or not, Vampires had, and will always be a threat to a human's life, so why did they agree so easily?

Magnus Romano, a 665 year old Vampire, he stopped searching for his mate when he was 200 years old, and one day, when he will find his mate, and the next day he realized that his mate wasn't who she claimed to be, will he be able to accept her as his mate?