CHAPTER 14 - THE YOUNGER ME

I quickly glanced at the angels who were bowing down to the mother and son, as if they were of big importance. I was clueless with what was happening and the connection between the family and the angels. There's something I needed to know.

"If I may ask...who are you?" I asked the mother urgently.

"Jake!" shouted Gabriel as he raised his head a fraction, but he was still bowing down. "You just don't ask questions like that- you don't know whom you're talking to."

"It's okay Gabriel. I don't mind at all." replied the mother with a soft smile. She motioned her hand to the angels and they obediently stood up.

"What is happening here Michael?" I turned to Michael who was hesitant to be the one to spill the beans.

"Let me talk to him, Michael." The mother suggested with authority and Michael nodded compliantly. "Everyone is now relieved." stated the mother and seconds later, light surrounded the angels and then, they were gone. I was with the mother and son alone in the middle of the stadium.

"I know you're confused." The mother turned to me.

"Yes, you're right." I admitted. I think I was beyond confused.

"Let's just say that you'll come to fully understand who I am if you find the answer to your problem. Right now though, I am here to help you in your search for Wisdom." My face brightened upon hearing that she was about to help me. How? I didn't care at all as long as it saved me from eternal damnation.

"So how?" I asked the mother since it seemed like the proper question to ask. She smiled at me gently as she and her son advanced a couple of steps, which helped me to see more of their facial features.

"First of all Jake, do you recognize who I am with?" The mother questioned.

"Him?" I quickly glanced at the boy, pointing to him in confusement.

"Yes. Take a closer look." The mother then let the boy come forward until he was standing right in front of me. I bent down on my knees as I tried to examine the boy with the little light available. When I took a closer look, goose bumps spread over my arms. My hands started to shake and my palms turned to ice. I was looking at myself- when I was a boy! How could I have not noticed it before? I remembered that his name was also Jake and but I had thought that everything was just a coincidence.

"Is he me?" I shuddered as I slowly raised my head to stare at the mother. She nodded gracefully which only frightened me. But could you blame me? Who wouldn’t feel odd to see their own self, face to face?

"This is you as a boy Jake." The mother replied as she held my shoulder. I became mute while observing the boy’s facial features. I slowly noticed the resemblance the boy and I had. We both had thick eyebrows and even though mine was more evident, I could see the fine nose line. His eyes, deep and expressive, glinted like a piece of jewel and I realized he looked innocent- or, I looked innocent when I was a boy. The boy grinned at me and I noticed that one of his front teeth was missing. I smiled as I remembered the time when I had lost mine while running along our backyard. I had stumbled upon a rock and fell face down on the ground- losing a tooth in the process. I enjoyed the time I had as a youth and just like that, a huge wave of nostalgia hit me- I missed those days. The days when everything was simple, where I didn't worry about anything but enjoy each and every day. Back then, I was always excited about what I would do the next day. I really did change a lot.