BETRAYAL

Gabriella found herself memorised by Phastos as he focuses all his energy on figuring out how to  make the Unimind work, her heart filling with hope with the new progress he was making

Gabriella found herself memorised by Phastos as he focuses all his energy on figuring out how to make the Unimind work, her heart filling with hope with the new progress he was making. Leaning against the wall as Druig plays with her hand, she looks from Phastos to him as his hand stops suddenly. Seeing his eyebrows furrow slightly, Gabriella naturally places a hand to his cheek as his eyes focus back on her.

"Druig? What's wrong?" Gabriella questions as Druig places his hand against hers before pulling it away to caresses the back of it again, his eyes drifting from hers to the door as he moves her behind him, "Druig?"

With little warning Ikaris enters the room dressed in what Gabriella could see was a detailed blue suit, lined with gold and she could see his face was tense. Looking past Druig to see Ikaris stop and look to the centre of the group, she steps forward taken by surprise as Ikaris's eyes light up and shoots beams of energy at Phastos's work. With the Unimind destroyed and Phastos flung back with the force of it, Gabriella is stunned as Sersi pushes past Ikaris to help Phastos off the floor.

"What's gotten into you?" Kingo questions stepping forward, his eyebrows furrowing as Ikaris simply looks from Sersi to him, his face still tense.

"I have let this go on long enough."

Gabriella could barely look away from Ikaris as she notices how tense everyone was, her mind trying to wrap around why he would stop them.

"He lied to us," Sersi mutters out shakily, tears welling up in her eyes as she holds Phastos upright, "he already knew about the emergence."

"No, he didn't," Kingo adds in, his voice cracking as if to show he couldn't believe what he was hearing, Sersi wiping her face, "he couldn't have."

"Ajak, told me everything when we left Babylon," Ikaris states turning his gaze to glance at everyone in the room, faces twisted with pain as they look at someone they called family.

"What?"

Watching Kingo's shoulders drop as Ikaris's face doesn't falter with his words, Gabriella grips at Druig's back as she can feel him just as tense as the others. Feeling her hands shaking while holding onto his jacket, Gabriella frowns as she watches the group struggle with what was coming to light.

"You weren't going to let us stop the emergence," Phastos spits out finally pushing away from Sersi as his hands ball into fists against his side, Ikaris's lips curl slightly into a frown, "you were just waiting for the best time to screw us over?"

"No," Ikaris replies as Phastos turns his face slightly before Kingo stumbles back with everything hitting him a little harder, "I only ever wanted to protect you from the deviants."

"I don't understand, if Ajak wanted you to take her place, if she told you everything," Sersi questions softly as she steps past Phastos, placing a hand to his arm, "why did she end up choosing me?"