SUFFER

As Gabriella steps forward to remove the space between Druig and herself, her face tenses as she blocks out the whispers from the others

As Gabriella steps forward to remove the space between Druig and herself, her face tenses as she blocks out the whispers from the others. Feeling all the built up pain and anger pushing for release as she lifts her hand, her thoughts flash to past memories.

"You promised," Gabriella growls more harshly then she meant as her hand cracks loudly against his cheek, her lips slightly parted and quivering as Druig's face is turned with the impact, "Druig, you promised.."

With the surprise of her slap completely silencing everyone close enough to hear it, the sound of crackling debris on fire and the groans of the wounded becomes the only sounds heard. As Gabriella's hand moves to her chest in agony, she watches Druig places his own softly against where she hit him. Moving his gaze from the ground to look at her, he feels his face contort with regret as he watches her take a step back fumbling slightly.

"I'm sorry," Druig whispers as he slowly straightens himself, not taking his eyes off her or caring about the others as he notices Gabriella's eyes filling with tears, "I'm, so sorry."

"You..." she chokes out quietly as her body moves on its own, Druig allowing her the freedom of hitting him again if she needed it, "asshole."

But despite her words spewing with anger, Druig catches Gabriella as she flings herself towards him throwing her arms tightly around his neck and hooking her fingers into his hair. With tears clouding her vision as she felt herself overcome with a mixture of disappointment and sadness, Druig places his arms tightly around her. Burying her face deeper into his neck, the eyes of onlookers seemed unimportant as she only thought about holding him.

"I wouldn't have done it," Druig whispers into her hair, placing a hand against her head as she continues to cry softly, "I wouldn't have, but you were inconsolable, and everything happened so fast, I had no other choice."

"We always have a choice," Gabriella whispers back into his skin, making him only pull her into his chest tighter, "it's only up to you, whether it's worth the consequences."

"If the consequences are that you hate me but you're alive," he continues pushing her forward gently so he could look at her as she tries to look away, "then I would do it again."

Rubbing her eyes gently, Gabriella drops her head slightly before turning at the sound of hands slowly and awkwardly clapping. Feeling Druig move himself to her side as he slightly pulls her behind him, Gabriella watches Kingo rubs his hands together before stepping forward.

"This, whatever it is," Kingo comments pointing slightly at both of them as Sersi tries to shush him, "is incredibly weird to watch, sweet of course, but Druig being this sensitive is very strange, I'm actually shocked."