Missing You

Alpha Nicholas's POV

Seeing her so broken killed me I wanted to make all her heart ache go away, but I couldn't and it was all my fault. I was surprised she let me hold her. Even if it was for a minute, it's was a minute I would cherish forever. She was perfect in my arms. Her scent wrapped around me like a soothing blanket. I watched as she did the hardest thing telling Nate the truth, in the process watching everything crumble before her. Maybe Nate was right about Addison making up this story to scare Alexa off, but I knew at that moment I became her protector and I would be vigilant at all times for her. With Nate not around I'm all she has. If she was women enough to tell Nate then I had to man up and tell Hannah no matter how hard this was going to hurt her. As I made my way towards the house I felt as each step weighed on me.

I was actually afraid for the first time being here in my own house. This can ultimately change everything it can either go good or bad. I took a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

"Hannah?" I called out for her as I walked up the stairs.

"Yeah! I’m in the bedroom." She called out. When I walked into the room she was in bed with the bedside lamp illuminating her blonde curls. She looked beautiful she smile up at me. When I walked closer to her she must have sense something was wrong her smile fell from her face.

"What wrong Nicky?" She said as she said getting up in bed and walking towards me.

"Hannah... I have to tell you something but I don't want you to get worked up because of the baby. Just listen to what I have to say." I said hoping I didn't fuck this up too.

"Nick your scaring me... What's going on?" She asked looking up at me.

"Hannah..." I stayed silent as the words didn't want to leave my mouth. "I found my mat--" I was cut off by a sharp gasp. "NO… no don't say it Nick...please don't." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as she held her belly.

"Hannah this doesn't change us. What we have will never change I already rejected her and she accepted it." I said to her while pulling her in my arms. She stiffen all of a sudden and push me back away from her, she narrowed her eyes at me.

"So you've been with her? When did you find out Nicholas?!" She yelled. I hung my head low, why because I kept it from her for far to long.

"I found her the night we got back..."

"Oh my god! It's her isn't it..." She whispered nodding her head "Is it Nicholas? Is your true mate Alexa." She asked in disbelief as every moment ran through her head. Before I knew it a stinging sensation slammed across my face my neck experienced extreme whiplash from the slap she gave me. I rubbed my face took a breath to calm myself, because in all honesty I deserved it. I turned to face her and tears were falling down her face like faucet water. I pulled her in my arms while she screamed and cried. I ran my fingers through her hair her body relaxed, and I spoke again.

"Han, I'm not going anywhere I'm here with you now and always. But you need to know the truth, and that she is also my responsibility. I need to make sure she's safe just as you are." I said she pulled out of my arms.

"Your kidding me right? You rejected her she accepted it. You don't owe her anything Nick she has Nate to keep her safe. Me and the baby are who need you." She hissed. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Hannah! This is not up for discussion. Alexa no longer has Nate therefore as her Alpha I will make sure she is safe whether you like it or not. I love you Hannah I’m here with you I’m not leaving." I said to her she nodded and walked into the bathroom slamming the door. I left the room giving Hannah her space. My next move was to have a pack meeting tomorrow to double up rounds to make sure no one gets on my territory with my permission. Normally I would call my beta, but right now that wasn't the best idea so I would wait till tomorrow. Hopefully we can be civil.