Dinner

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 3- Dinner

My day could not get any more hectic…

"Well, what did he say to you? Did you talk to him?" I asked curiously, glancing at her as I did so. She wasn't giving me any details yet, but waiting for me to ask so she could blurt everything. I still hadn't gotten over the surprise of knowing that my little sister found out her mate. At least the news wasn't as horrible as my meeting with the Alpha this afternoon, and that was a relief. I didn't even want to think about my day. I turned my attention back to Lia, and raised my eyebrows.

"Of course I spoke with him. He passed me a note in class and told me to meet him in an empty classroom afterwards. So we met up, and he told me that his wolf already knew that I was his mate. I told him I hadn't shifted yet because I just turned sixteen, and I wanted to be sure I knew all the signs that were supposed to be there! Oh Alexa, I believed him I do. He kissed me, and oh, it was the best feeling ever, Lex! I wish I could put that feeling in a bottle and take it with me everywhere or maybe sell it to everyone so everyone can experience. He told me that he wanted to be there when I went through my first phase, and we exchanged numbers. Well, I gave him your cell number, since I don't have one. I told him I had to talk to you first, but he wants me to meet his brother because that’s who takes care of him. His parents were killed in a rouge attack."

I was truly happy to see her like this. Things for her were changing she was happy, and that's all that I wanted. Now she would have someone to care for her-- a love more unconditional than I could ever give her. There was an ache in my chest, because I was never able to find my mate, what with me being on the run and never really associating with any wolves except for the few I have met passing through states. But right now, that didn't matter. I leaned over and pulled her into a hug. "I am so happy for you, Lia. This is big-it's just your first day of high school, and you come out with a mate," I smiled at her, placing a kiss on her temple.

"So, do you thing we could meet his brother tonight? He asked me over for dinner, and I told him I wanted him to meet you as well, but I would need to ask you first. So what do you think, Alexa? Please?" she begged

I was not in a mood to go out, what with everything that happened today. I just wanted to close my eyes and pretend like this day never happened. I would feel horrible for saying no to her, but I couldn't help it. "Lia, how about we wait until you go through your first phase before we start the in-laws? Then we could have dinner together," I said.

"Why! I want to see him again. I want to know more about him! I only got to talk to him during lunch, and that wasn't enough time! You don't understand; you never even had a mate!" She yelled. I looked wide eyed at her by her words. I opened my mouth to say something, but shut it instead making sure nothing I said something I’d regret. I turned the key in the ignition and we headed home. The ride back was uncomfortably silent; I had never had a disagreement with my sister until now. And as much as it hurt to hear her say that to me, it was true. I had never really had a mate. I didn't know how she was feeling.

Finally, I let out a defeated sigh. "You're right; I don't know what it's like to find a mate, and if you want to go and have dinner at his house, then that's fine," I said. She kept her face towards the window, not looking at me. We were both upset.

"So you won't come then?" she asked, almost grumbled.

"If you want me there, I will be there. Dahlia, you're the only family I've got." I pulled up into the motel, parked the car, and turned to my sister. She smiled at me with glassy eyes, and hugged me tight.

"Thank you Lex, I love you so much," she whispered. I hugged her back, tightly, and held on to my everything.

Just then, my phone started to ring. I pulled back and rolled my eyes at her. "There goes lover boy now," I teased, handing her the phone. She grabbed it eagerly, and I shook my head with a smile. Walking into our room, I headed for a much needed shower. Hopefully my night would be better than my morning. I let the hot water hit my tense muscles, slowly feeling them relax. What was I going to do? I couldn't leave now, knowing that her mate was here. Maybe I should talk to Alpha Nicholas like Nathaniel said. Getting out of the shower, I walked over to the closet, not really knowing what to wear.