There's A Storm Coming

Spare Me Alpha but I want your Beta Chapter 14

Alexa's POV

I felt like someone had poured sand down my throat. Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. It was massive with grey walls, the crown bordered with stainless steel lighting fixtures, and a king-size bed on which I was currently lying with dark blue silk sheets. The room was very masculine. The smell from the sheets enveloped me in a familiar scent, and I suddenly realized that I was in Nate's room. My body heated up instantly. Then I felt someone near me; I turned over to find my sister sleeping beside me, her eyes swollen and her cheeks stained with dried tears. I ran my hand down the side of her face. She opened her eyes immediately. "Lex! Thank god you're okay," she wrapped me into a hug. I pulled her closer, squeezing her tight.

"I'm fine, Lia," I whispered. My voice was a little horse.

"Let me get you something to drink," she got up and went into what I presumed was the bathroom. She came out with a glass of water. I took it from her and drank the glass of water with desperation. Mmm I closed my eyes as I savored the coolness down my throat.

"So, I take it that you're wondering where you are," Lia said.

"We could be one of two places-- Nate's, or a hospital, and I highly doubt it's the second. So what happened?" I asked, sitting up. I noticed that I was in a blood stained t-shirt and no underwear. My face heated. Who covered me?

"Well, I shifted, which was the worst experience ever. Up until Mason showed up, it was less painful. Then at one point, I didn't remember what was going on around me because my one and only, my other half, the love of my life, tried to kill my sister, and almost succeeded. If Nate hadn't shown up, I don't know what would have happened," she cried. "I won't forgive him for what he did, Lex. I don't think I can," she whispered. I wiped her tears away.

"Dahlia, let me tell you what happens when a male wolf acts when he feels that his mate is in danger. Mason did what his instincts told him. He went into protective mode. Everything around him vanished; it was only you he feared for. So when he found me in wolf form near you, he thought I was going to harm his mate. It could have been anyone, Lia. Don't be so hard on him. He loves you very much, and I'm sure he is hurting ten times worse because his mate doesn't want him around. So if I can forgive him, even you can, baby girl," I said, bumping her shoulder. She smiled.

"Thank you, Lex. I don't know what I’d do without you."

"How about you help me out of this nasty tee while so I can take a quick shower? The smell of blood is making me sick," I scrunch my nose, she laughed.

"We don't have our things yet, but we can just see what Nate has that you could use."

"Dahlia, I'm not going through his things," I stated with my arms crossed over my chest. She groaned.

"Fine. I'll do it," she said and ran to his dresser, pulling out a pair of boxer briefs. She held them up to herself and mouthed, 'oh my god.' I had to say, Nate was a big guy. She grabbed another tee from the drawer and headed towards me, shoving me towards the bathroom. Soon I was in the shower-and good heavens, the man had a huge massive marbled shower. There were so many shower heads pointing in different directions. I looked at Dahlia, who didn't seem to be impressed at all.

"Mason has a shower like this, and it fits two people." she gasped, and covered her mouth with her hands. I shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Girl, I don't wanna know," I said to her. She turned as red as a tomato and flashed a sheepish smile.

"I'll wait outside," she said, rushing out of the bathroom.

I turned the shower on, anxious to get in. It was wonderful all different angled jets of water hitting my tense muscles were just what I needed. I grabbed the body wash-- it was Nate's old spice wash, and it smelled just like him. My core muscles tightened. I couldn't help but get aroused.