Another twist

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 2- Another Twist

This would make Lia's life a living hell, they would torment her. I couldn't let that happen, could I? "Alpha Julian, I see where this is going. I can't accept that rank for us. I want my sister to have a good life, not one she would have to fight for acceptance. If you can't see that and you don't want to trust us, then I am sorry for wasting your time. That title alone will shatter her. I can't."

With that, I got up and prepared to walk out of his office.

All at once, thoughts flitted in my mind, I wasn’t expecting things to go this way! Now what do I do? This was a mistake, maybe I went at this all wrong. I felt like I was sinking into a hole I might not be able to come out of. I had to get out of here. I got up from the chair and made my way to the door, only to bump into a mass wall of muscle. "Ah... Jesus! You do know you're not transparent and people can't walk through you, right?" I hissed. This day couldn't get any worse. I pushed my way around him.

"Alexa!"

Hearing my name, I turned to face Alpha Julian who was calling out to me. What more can he have to say? I thought to myself … I'd thought that by coming here I would be able to set somethings straight-- that somehow this would help, but I was wrong. "Alpha Julian, thank you for your offer again, but that is something I will not accept. I will be off the Crescent Falls pack territory by the end of the week." I stated.

He looked at me warily and said, "As you wish, Alexa. Nathaniel, please see that Alexa is escorted to the gates."

"Yes Alpha."

Walking back towards my car, I felt mentally drained like I’d never make it. I had no idea what my next plan was. I was running low on money. Now to have to pack up again! I took on more than I could chew. I turned over my shoulder to find about five wolves behind me. Seriously, what a treat I could be to them. I pulled open my door and slid inside my car, reversing out of that mistake I just made. Damn it!! I was so upset; I didn't realize that I was driving crazy until I heard a pop sound. I pulled the car over, gripped the steering wheel, unclenched my teeth and let everything out in a scream, at top of my lungs until I couldn't any more. Years of hurt and pent up frustration and helplessness erupted in that one scream of anguish.

"Why mama, why is this happening to me? I didn't ask for this. I was just a kid! You took everything from me, everything!" I laid my head on the steering wheel until I could catch my breath. And then I heard a tap on my window. I quickly wiped my face and rolled down the window, only to find gorilla man.

"What!?" I almost growled, annoyed with him as it was. As intimidating as he looked, the softness behind his eyes contradicted his outer hard appearance. I had to admit, taking a better look at him from head to toe. He was very handsome. Fitted black jeans with a grey fitted t-shirt, hugging all his muscles perfectly, with his light brown hair all over the place. He looked like he'd just gotten out of bed, and he had grey eyes to match a pair of perfectly kissable lips. Oh god, what was I thinking? My emotions are all over the place... I seriously needed to get a grip, or to get laid. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard him speak.

"It seems your still on our territory, and with a flat tire." He said, looking towards my back wheel.

Frowning, I got out of the car and took a look, and sure enough I did have a flat tire. Damn it, what the hell. I tied up my hair in a messy bun, opened the door and popped my trunk to grab the spare tire and jack. When I looked over at jerk face, he was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest watching me with what almost looked like a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him turning bacl to my tire.

"You can let your Alpha know that I will be off this property as soon as I change my tire. I swear-not a minute more," I stated through gritted teeth. I was tired with everything at the moment, I could care less about what the Alpha thought of this, or about me still being on their territory.

"How about you let me help you with that," He offered with a smirk playing on his lips.

"I can handle it, but thank you for the offer; I've changed a tire before. What you can do is leave me alone, because I don't need you hovering over me like I am some kind of criminal." I started to pump the jack up slowly, my lovely Toyota was up in the air with enough space to work on the on changing my tire.

"Listen, I am doing my job by seeing that you rogues are off the property. You're lucky that the Alpha didn't just kill you on the spot for rejecting his offer," he spat. Now I was pissed. I got up from the ground dusting my hands and stared right at him.

"What is your deal?" I yelled "I can clearly see that you don't like rogues. Let me clear the fog from your head! Beta Nathaniel I didn't ask to be a rogue, I didn't ask for someone to come kill my parents, and oh and leave me to raise a nine year old kid when I was one myself! And you can't judge me for trying to better the life for my sister, you have no idea how it feels. I am not justifying every rouge out there, but I can assure you that not all of them want vengeance. If that's what I am to you, a rogue rather than someone looking for a better way out, then so be it. Just leave me alone; I've had a rough morning and I don't need you badgering me." With that I turned back to what I was doing. I heard his footsteps go a short distance away and I knew I was really pushing it-- yelling at a beta was not cool. He could have easily ripped my throat. I gulped at the thought. What would happen to Dahlia if that happened? No, I had to slow my temper down a kotch.

I finished with changing the tire, threw the other one in the trunk and slammed it shut. It was very hot out here, and I’m sure that I am a total mess right now, with sweat and dirt all over. I definitely needed a shower. Before I could close my door, a strong hand grabbed the door frame, preventing it from closing. “Hey!” I said narrowing my eyes as he knelt down so that he was eye level with me.

"I guess I was a little hard on you, and for that I am sorry," his breath tickled my face, the closeness made me shiver.

I was wanted so bad to turn away, but I couldn’t. He lifted his hand to stroke my cheek the heat against face made me want to push for more. Slowly, I opened my eyes that I didn’t know had volentarilly close. Looking into beautiful grey eyes, and my breath caught in my throat. "I...ah, it's fine. I am sorry… I was way out of line," I said, looking at the ground. He stood up, looking a little flustered himself, and I kind of missed the nearness we'd just shared.

"I don't know if this will help, but if I were you, I would wait until Alpha Nicholas gets back from his trip. Alpha Julian is a little old fashioned with his ways-- maybe you could, let's say, get a second option," he chuckled, a little less tense made him even more handsome when he smiled, but I knew not to trust him too much.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, but thanks," I said

He nodded stepping back so that I can closed the door to my car. I noticed that it was a quarter to three. Dahlia would be getting out of school soon; I had to haul my ass over there or she would be pissed that I left her there longer than she wanted to be. I pulled up to the high school, and found her sitting on the steps. I beeped at her, and when she looked up and saw me, her eyes widened. She came running down to my car, and by the look on her face, I wasn't so sure her day had gone as planned.

"Hey sweetie, so how was your first day?" I asked, a little anxious myself. I was even more tensed about her first day at high school than I think she was if we were being honest. She turned and looked at me, her face hiding all emotions. I wasn't sure what she was going to say, until her face broke out in to a huge grin.

"Oh my god...Alexa, you're never going to believe what happened! I think I found my mate! He's gorgeous and everything I can ask for! He kept looking at me, but since I haven't gone through my first shift, I didn't know for sure. But the pull was there-- we did the whole lock eyes moment like you told me...ah," she sighed.

I gaped at her, shocked. I didn't know how to respond and the what she just said struck me. Her finding her possible mate changed everything for us. What was I going to do now?