Deep Breath

Alexa's POV

I was numb, my wolf was beyond heart broken. I knew one day that this would happen. That I'd meet my mate, but not like this not here. I've heard of people finding their mate and are able to choose to reject or take them as their mate, but this was nothing like that. He chose for the both of us. He took that option away from me. I was never prepared to find my mate at his big baby reveal announcement. The human was hurt, but not for my mate. Nate was also affected by this and hurting him was the last thing I wanted to do. My wolf on the other hand was different this was her other half her and she lost that.

My thought went to Nate, he is the man I love the one who has show me how to smile, given me love, support, protection everything a true mate would do. But this was his best friend, his brother for crying out loud. To put the cherry on top I just pledged life to forever stand by this pack. I couldn't leave even if I wanted to. I stood up and leaned myself on the truck of a tree looking at the flowing waters. It was getting cold the breeze hitting at my exposed skin. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard someone's footsteps. My wolf howled 'mate' I shook my head she was sadly mistaken. I stood in place I refuse to turn, as his steps grew closer.

"Don't!" I hissed. He let out a long sigh. "You shouldn't have followed me."

"What do mean I had too? You're my mate! I think I have a every fuck'en right to come looking for you." He growled. I laughed. Was he serious?

"This isn't a joke to me! you being here changes things!" He snapped.

"No! ALPHA this changes nothing. You and I are nothing. You will walk away and go back to your very pregnant mate!" I hissed. His eyes narrowed at me, and you will leave me alone.

"I know you probably hate me now, but you don't understand. I never thought I would find you I waited, you never came so when I turned Alpha I needed a mate to make me stronger." He said. I stayed quite there were so many emotions running through me, I felt like passing out.

"Does everyone know she's not your true mate?" I asked. He stayed quite."Answer me?!"

"No! Just her we never told anyone."

"So you lied to these people? The people who are supposed to trust you! What about her mate? What if he pops up out of nowhere? You both messed up ... big time" I said looking at him. I wanted him to see me to see my hurt.

"Her mate was killed back when we were in college, so that won't happen." I stared at him in disbelief, he didn't get it. This was so wrong.

"So why come after me? You obviously have your life planned out."

"I had to see you, my wolf has been crazy ever since I got back, and now I know why. It was you."

I shook my head this was going nowhere and I know any minute Nate was going to come looking for me. "You know what you have to do. We've already started the bond, by locking eyes, and being this close isn't helping. I don't want the bond to grow any further." I stated in a shaky tone.

"What?! What you asking me to do?" My question baffled him. I stepped closer to him. I wish I hadn't my instincts were to run into his arms. I fought back the urge.

"Reject me as your mate." I stated in the strongest tone I could muster, as my wolf howled. He stumbled back as if I just slapped him across the face. I watched as he shook his head in protest.

"I can't." he said.

"Excuse me? What do you mean you can't?" He walk closer as if to reach out and touch me. I moved away. "Don't touch me!" I growled.