Ch 4: Not The Time For Laughing

I was laughing so hard I almost missed the faint growling sound coming from Derk. "What's so funny little Girl," he hissed.

I looked at him and said, "You are."

At that moment I heard a roar of laughter coming from Kaleb. Derk looked over at Kaleb angrily and loudly said, "I thought you were with me on this."

At that moment Kaleb sobered up and said," I man I am but that was so unexpected it was funny."

All of a sudden the laughing Kaleb was replaced with the cold hard leader he was before. He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I think you own Derk here an apology."

I looked him in the eyes showing no fear as I slowly walked over to him, and pushed him so hard he leaded on the ground. Within seconds I trapped in a corner with the three boys circled around me. From where I was I could see Kaleb on the floor with a grin on his face. He got up looked at the boys and said, "Johnny, Alexander, Derk let the girl out of the corner."

The boys gave him a funny look before they let me go. Once I was freed for the corner I started to walk away before I felt someone grab my shoulder and push me against the wall. I knew before I even looked up that it was Kaleb holding me to the wall, and I was right. He took my face and tilted my head so that my neck was exposed. I could feel his free hand trace patterns on it. I could help but shiver at his touch. Seconds later he turned my head so that I was facing him once again.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes then he quickly opened them again and looked into my eyes and said, "This won't be the last time you see us Sage."

I looked at him confused how did he know my name. I was about to ask him, but before I could he let my go and I fell to the ground. He watched me for a few seconds as he grabbed a cigarette out of his coat pocket before he turned and walked away into the crowed with his Shadowed Souls closely behind him. I sat there on the ground not really understanding what had happened. I felt like screaming and hitting the wall. I hate him, and I had only just met him. I wanted nothing more than to find him and smash his head into a wall for how he treated me. I swear the next time I see him I am going to smack so hard I send him into next week.

As I was sitting there thinking of all the things I was going to do to him when I saw him next time I heard someone called my name. I looked up and saw Blade making his way to me. I slowly stood up from the ground and walked over to him.

When he finally reached me he said, "Sage what happened to you, I mean one second you were there the next you were gone."

"I had a run in with The Shadowed Souls," I spoke hoarsely.

"What The Shadowed Souls are you okay," Blade asked.

"As fine as I can be, where is everyone else," I asked.

"They had to go home; oh and both Rebecca and Ana said you have a lot of explaining to do tomorrow as to why you got lost from us," he explained.

"Okay Blade thanks for letting me know, I better go home," I said and started to walk away.

"Hey Sage would you mind if I walked to home," he asked.

"Umm well I guess you can," I replied.

"Okay," he said walking next to me.

The walk home was quite accepted for when Blade asked me questions like did I have a boyfriend in Vegas, had I ever kissed a guy, and how old was I when I had my first kiss. I answered his questions as truly as I could, like I told him my first kiss was with a guy named James; when in all reality I have never kissed a guy before. I mean yes I have dated before, but all my relationships have ended before we make it to the first kiss. I could tell that Blade had a crush on be and he was kind of cute, but not my type. I like the bad boy types. Soon we reached my house and said goodnight. I could wait to just crawl in my bed and put this whole night behind me. I walked into the house to find my mother passed out of the couch, with a box of chocolates on the coffee table half gone. I softly sighed and picked up the chocolate box. I took it in to the kitchen and put it in the freezer so it wouldn't melt.

After I did that I went into my mother's room and grabbed a blanket. I walked over to the couch and put it on her. I slowly walked up the stairs into my room to find it completely unpacked and a note from my mom that said she was sorry for the way she acted and just to put that whole fight behind us. I quickly crumbled up the note and through it in the trash. The only reason she wanted to put this behind us was because she knew I was right. I couldn't help but laugh. I mean don't get me wrong I love my mother she just isn't all there sometimes. She is the kind of person who loves to fight, but in the end will always back down. I put the thoughts of my mother aside so I could get ready for bed. Once I was ready I crawled into bed for a longs nights rest. That was the first night in forever I had not dreamed about my father leaving us, but instead I dreamed my new friends and of cores I dreamed of Kaleb and his Shadowed Souls and how much I hated them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Tell Me What You Think, And I Am Still Looking For Help.

~Thanks JJ~