ch 19: Dear Sage

*No Editing*

The woke up the next morning to a stream a sunlight coming in from my window. I could help but let out a sleepy groan as I crawled out of bed. I scramble around my room until I find something to wear. Once I am fully dressed I make my way down the stairs to make my breakfast. To my surprise I found my mother in the kitchen standing tall over the oven with a frying pan in hand. Before I get a chance to speak she notices me and says, "Good thing your up sweetheart I am making your favorite. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes."

I look at her strangly and say, "I thought you were going to Zack's again."

"I am, but he worked late last night so I wont be leaving until noon," she states.

Not convinced that what she said was the truth I said, "What is this really about mom?"

"Well sweetheart I haven't been around lately for you and I wanted to change that. You know go back to the good old days," she repiled back softly.

"Mom it hasn't been that good old days sence I was seven years old. I remember you used to take me to yard sales and the swap meet, and by the end of the day we would end up at church," I paused for a moment and then continued, "Hey mom why did we end up at the church. I mean we're not religious."

With a smile on her face my mom repiled, "The free coffee and you loved the doughnuts."

A though popped into my head as I asked, "Mom isn't that where I met Bunny?"

My mom chuckled and answered, "No silly, you met Bunny when I took you to the play ground after."

Suddenly I remembered that day as if it was yesterday. I had been sitting on the ground in the sand box absent mindedly digging holes in the ground when suddenly a little girl with wild curly brown hair foot caught in one of my holes causing her to fall flat on her face. The girl let out a cry of pain as she held her ankle close. Not knowing what else to I quickly ran over to my mother and brought her to the still crying girl. Thinking fast my mother wrapped the girls ankle. While my mother was doing this the girl looked up at me and smiled. With a look of happiness on her face she through her arm out at me and said, "My name is Tori, but my friends call me bunny. Thank you for getting me help."

I smiled and repiled, "Your welcome Bunny. My name is Sage."

My mother slowly helped Bunny to her feet and helped her find her my mom. As we where about to leave Bunny grabbed my hand and pulled me into a huge and whispered, "From this day on you and I are going to be the best of friends.'

I left the park that day knowing deep down inside that Bunny was right and we were going to be the best of friends, and she was right from that day on we have always been the very best of friends. Snapping out of my own little flash back I looked at my mom and asked "So why did we stop going?"

While she was plating the food she repiled, "Well you two grew up."

Out of the blue I asked her, "Mom why did your love die. I mean if you chose eternity for love how do you know that it will last?"

"Oh come on Sage grow up! Your almost seventeen year old, stop living in a fairy tale! You know that love is not eternal. It dies just like everything else. Why you hate me for something he chose is beyond me. He didn't just leave you he left me too," she snapped at me.

"At least he didn't make me leave my everything and move me to this god awful city," I yelled.

"I don't see what is so god awful about it Sage. You got that no good boy you have been seeing. I swear that boy has no decency. His god damn bike is still parked in the middle of my lawn," she said.