Chapter 10: Cliché Confessions

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED SO IT MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND TYPOS.

--------

CHAPTER 10: Cliché Confessions

SEAN'S POV

When I saw Dean kissing Spencer. I was absolutely furious with rage and I want to punch Dean’s lights out. But the most heartbreaking part is when Spencer kissed back, it’s like I’ve been shot by Katniss Everdeen with her deadly arrow.

Now I’m here, sitting on the bleachers all alone. Baseball practice was done and I insisted on staying here for a while. Kaleb wants to stay with me but I refused since Shane probably needs him too.

It’s almost 5pm and the cold air is lingering through my skin. I thought about all the things that I remember with Spencer when we were 9 or 10 years old maybe. When we first met on a kids party, when we used to play at the playground, when we pretend to be Spiderman and Mary Jane Watson, when I kissed Spencer on the cheek, and when I told him to forget about me.

The last part is the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever done. I remember when the time I said that.

*** FLASHBACK ***

“You said you’ll always be here for me!” Spencer yelled while sobbing. I didn’t bother to look back at him because I know If I did that, there’s a chance that I’m not going to leave him which means, I’m gonna run away from my family just to be with Spencer.

“We’re kids Spencer! This is not right!” I yelled. I gasped when I felt him snaked his arms around my stomach and he hugged me tightly from my back. I felt his tears soaking on the back of my shirt and I resist the urge to wipe them away, which I usually do when he cries.

“Don’t leave, please, you’re my first best friend” Spencer said while sobbing. I sighed deeply and yanked his arms away from me.

“Then just forget that we met! Forget that I’m your first best friend! Forget everything!” I yelled even though I didn’t mean every single word that I said, and this time, I am the one who’s crying now. Tears are streaming down my face while I walk away from him. Just walk away Sean.

I know that this will haunt me forever but I will try my very best to forget all about Spencer Thwaites…

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

I fight the urge to cry about the sudden flashback. What I did was unforgivable but I am a kid back then and I don’t know what I’m saying… or perhaps I do. I can’t believe I really washed up all of the memories Spencer and I have. Almost 10 years of forgetting Spencer Thwaites.

If my family didn’t move to Alaska back then, maybe Spencer and I will still be best friends… or more than best friends. When we moved back here in North California, I was 13 years old, a freshman student. I totally don’t remember who Spencer Thwaites was because I erased all of our memories by playing sports, talking to a counselor, and many more.

All this time, we attend the same school, and I didn’t even noticed him until what happened in the grocery store. That’s when I remember those piercing hazel eyes that I loved. I’m such a moron for being like this.

I gripped my hair tightly and sighed. So now that I remember all of the repressed memories I had with Spencer, now what? I’m gonna go to him and tell him that I am here now, that I’m still his Peter Parker and he’s my Mary Jane Watson and all that shit?

Would he forgive me? Does he still feel the same way when we were kids? I don’t know, but I do know that I owe him an apology. BIG TIME.

I want to punch something right now. This is too much. I can’t handle this pain anymore, this pain that I repressed is now coming back, haunting me down.