Chapter 6 - Go Ahead

Phillip and I drank in the bar for a few hours. I shut my phone off because Jason was trying to call me. I did first call Jess and ask her if it would be okay if Trent spent the night over there. I told her she would hear what happened either from Jason or me.

I was completely drunk by time Phillip was trying to take me home and it was last call. I hardly could even walk. He helped me out to his car and put me in the passenger seat. He buckled me in and drove me home. I was a complete mess. I am so happy that Trent is not home because no child should see their parent in this state.

I was basically carried into my apartment and put in my room. Phillip put me on my side and put pillows behind me.

"I'm gonna go stay on the couch." He said after he pulled the covers over me.

"No." I whined as he started to walk away. He turned around and just looked at me.

"What?" He asked as he came and sat on the bed.

"I don't wanna be alone right now. I feel so many feelings. It's not just because of the drinking." I whined again. He sighed.

"You want me to stay in here?" He questioned. I nodded.

At this point after seeing Luke I honestly really didn't want to be alone. All those years of me forgetting and strengthen myself after that heartbreak. It all came back to me the moment I knew who he was. Luke Bryan. The famous country singer, who my brother is going on tour with soon. The man who helped me create our wonderful son. My pride and joy. The singer who our son is obsessed with and now it all makes sense.

Phillip got into my bed. I turned to face him and he was just laying there with his shoes off and his jacket was draped on the end of the bed. He turned his head to look at me. I smiled and grabbed his hand with mine. I squeezed it.

"Thank you." I whispered. He raised his eyebrow.

"For what?" He asked. He ran his thumb over my knuckles.

"Everything. You've been there through it all. We've known each other for so long." I told him.

"You don't have to thank me." He told me. "It's nothing. You know that. My family is way more fucked that this situation. This is kind of my outlet. I like being here." He said with a smile.

"It means a lot to me. It also means a lot to Trent. You were there for when I was pregnant. You where there holding my hand when he was born. You helped me for a long time while I had to take care of him. You've changed his diaper, fed him, rocked him to sleep, watched him when I had things to do, and you've traveled with me to make sure someone I trusted was there to watch him. You've been that man figure in his life besides Jason. Jason's not there as much as you. I can't tell you how much I value your help and care." I said. I saw a true genuine smile on his face. Normally he has that smirk on his face, but it's a true smile. I smiled right back at him.

"It's no big deal. I am happy to be here Chevelle. I will be here. Now, get your drunken ass to sleep." He said finally putting that smirk onto his face. I rolled my eyes and closed them.

"Night Lip." I told him as I felt myself drift off into a drunken sleep.

"Night Chevelle." He softly said. Well that's how I heard it because I was probably dead asleep and snoring.

I woke up with a massive hang over. I tried to bring my hand up to hold my head which was throbbing but I couldn't. I opened my eyes and instantly regretted it. My head pounded more. Now I could see where I was and what was going on.

I looked and saw my head was not on a pillow but on a chest. My hand was being held by another hand. I sat up a little getting my hand out of the other hands grip. I looked at who I was cuddling to and it was Phillip. Oh shit. I looked behind me to see pillows. I slowly crawled over the pillows and out of bed. I was still in my dress which rode up to my stomach. I quickly fixed it and went to grab other clothes.