Chapter 1 - Mardi Gras

Mardi Gras. A wonderful time to party, drink, meet new people, eat new foods, show your boobs, and maybe find a one night stand. Yeah, it is not really my thing. My best friend has dragged me all the way from Georgia to New Orleans. She was into the whole party scene to where I am okay with the bonfires, beers, bars, and rednecks that we are use to. She wanted a new scene of party and thought Mardi Gras of all places was going to be amazing.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Chevelle Lily Williams. I'm 22 years old and just graduated from Georgia Southern for a masters in Business Management. I have light brown hair, green eyes, 5'8'', tanned skin, and I was toned. Well I like to call myself toned because I loved playing softball. I've always been shy and soft spoken. My best friend has always been around so she is the one who is outgoing and loud.

My best friend's name is Fiona Maria Tripe. Fiona is a very outgoing person. She is 22, brown haired, very skinny, brown eyes, and of average completion. She didn't go to college with me but she does work in a coffee shop. She is always someone who makes a lot of plans. She also likes to drag people along such as me because, "I need to get out more." She says that my brother did it and he is in Nashville making a name for himself. She says I need to do the same. So that is why we are here. This makes no sense to me.

I don't see why being here is helping me make a name for myself. All we are doing is drinking out in the streets, having drunk guys tell us to lift our shirts for beads, and eat random cool new food. None of that seems like I'm making a name for myself. Not one that I would want anyway.

We walked ourselves all the way to a bar through a cluster of drunk, smelly, disgusting people. We were unsuccessful of finding somewhere to sit. This place was beyond packed. I have seen packed at Lee Pub and this is triple what I've ever seen. Fiona was able to score us a few beers and we stuck to a wall in the back. She was scouting. Fiona's scouting meant, "Finding a hot guy to bring back to the hotel room to bang, drink with, have him buy nice things, and then be on his way."

I looked everywhere and didn't find a single guy that was not drunk. I don't want to have sex with a random guy nor do I want to be in the same room as Fiona and do so. I would be scarred for life if I ever did that. She finally tapped me on the arm a few times and I looked at her with a puzzled look.

"That man has been checking you out all night. I found my man for the night. Go talk to him" She said pushing me a little.

"Fiona. I'm not talking to a stranger that has been staring me down." I told her in an aggravated tone. She sighed.

"Look. I really wanna get laid and have free booze. Would it bother you if I went off? I have my phone which is close to fully charged, and we both have hotel room keys. I'll text you every hour okay?" She said knowing I was a worry wart. I sighed and nodded. She squealed and hugged me. "Please go have fun for yourself Chevelle. That guy who is checking you out seems familiar." She nudged me and then quickly dispersed into the crowd of people to find her next man.

I sighed as I took another sip of my now empty beer. I looked around and tried to find a trash can. I had no clue where to put anything, how to get through this place, or where the hell in this bar am I. Mental note: Never go to Mardi Gras again. I then was about to start walking when I felt a hand on my bicep. My natural instinct of turning towards who was touching me happened and I was looking right into these warming brown eyes.

"Couldn’t help but notice your friend left you and you seemed lost." The guy said leaning down so he didn't have to yell too loud. "I got you a beer if you don't mind. I'm Luke." He told me.

He moved away and looked at me unsure of why I was not answering him. A thousand thoughts went through my head. I had no clue what I should do. Random guy, from a town I'm unfamiliar with, buys me a beer, has been watching me, and now since I'm alone he is here.