Samurai

Keith nervously walked down the hall, fiddling with his wrist. His bracelet, the one Lance gave him, was officially gone. He looked and even arrived late to class because he spent 20 minutes looking for the fucking bracelet. He looked like a psycho. Today, he and Lance had a tutoring session in 5 fucking minutes, but thankfully, Lance is always late.

Who could Keith trust that wouldn't tell Lance about being his childhood friend? Shiro? Usually, but kinda embarrassing. Pidge? Hell nah. Hunk? No, he's always scared because he can't keep a secret, he'll just let him live in peace. Allura? Maybe, she's a good friend and trustworthy but close to Lance, but it's not like she'll-Whatever.

Keith opened the door to the library. It didn't really matter, just he could  never ever tell-

"Lance"

Lance sat on the desk of the library in their corner. He twirled around a familiar light pink moon charm bracelet,"Hey, Samurai." His voice was thick with venom that dripped with every word. Keith flinched,"Lanc-"

Lance jumped off the desk and stood on his feet,"Wait no, we don't call each other that anymore. We haven't for years." Keith was quiet and mumbled,"I didn't realize till a few days ago." Lance nodded,"Then why didn't you tell me?" Lance looked up, pain in his features and his teeth were clenched,"I've been looking for him-you, actually-for months. You knew that? Why did you keep it from me for a few days. It's not much, but I wish you told me when you knew."

Keith shook his head,"Lance, I couldn't tell you because you-" Lance visibly flinched and his cheeks burned with embarrassment, he couldn't look him in the eye,"It's because you freaked out, wasn't it. I wasn't just looking for you, my best friend when we were young, to be friends again. It was to find you and love you and care for you and you didn't want that. I can tell, that's why you kept it from me." Keith took a step forward, pleading with his eyes,"What?! No, Lance! That's not it." Lance took a step backward defensively,"Then what?!"

"Because you HATED me!" Lance's features softened and he remained quiet, letting him continue. "For years you once hated me and then you finally opened up to me, being my friend and I had wanted that for so long." Keith clenched his fists,"I was terrified that if you found out, you wouldn't be satisfied. You wouldn't like what you saw. I didn't want to ruin what we had, what we were beginning to have." Lance's eyes widened and he rushed forward, "No, no Keith. I don't hate you...I never did." Gently, he lifted Keith's hand connected the pads of their fingers together,"I never could hate you, no matter how hard I tried. You were just too perfect. Four years I tried to deny it, but I couldn't." The bracelet that was on Lance's wrist slid back into Keith's, the way it had been for seven years. Lance interlaced their fingers and sighed,"I still can't, and recently I came to terms with it." He lifted his other hand and gripped Keith's shoulder. Keith placed his other hand on Lance's hip and his eyes fluttered shut. Lance brushed their lips,"I don't hate you, it's the exact opposite." His eyes opened up a little bit more and looked into his eyes with crimson cheeks and tilted his head," Do you understand?" Keith's eyes opened slightly to peek at him, then his eyes closed again,"Yeah." He pulled him in slightly the same time Lance leaned up and pressed their lips together. Keith furrowed his eyebrows and his hand moved up his back, palm against it. When they pulled away for air, they were panting. Keith sighed and Lance ran his thump across his jawline,"Are you really okay with this?" Lance laughed and before he leaned in for another kiss he said,"More than anything." He kissed him again, and again, and again.

~To Be Continued