Realization

" His voice is literally fucking Micheal Buble but like, 100 million times sexier!!!!!" Lance was shaking his arms around frantically. Pidge looked bored. "Uh huh. Lance, has it ever occurred to you that you might like Keith." They wiggled their hands," Like like?" Lance scoffed, crossing his arms and not daring to look them in the eyes,"No way. Keith? He's just a rival who recently became a closer friend. Nothing more." He chewed on his bottom lip and his nails. Pidge scowled,"You bite your lip when you lie, tell me." Their voice got softer, as if they knew they were touching a vital spot," Did you at some point, ever like Keith?" Lance turned quickly to glare," No!" Pidge continued to stare at him with a horrible pitying look,"Maybe?" Hunk had the same look. Lance gave up and dropped his arms to his sides and his voice became high pitched,"Yes." Their eyes pleaded for more info.

"It started 4 years ago when I met him. I instantly thought he was so cool and wanted to be his friend. But I was too nervous, so I just admired him from afar. Later, I realized I really liked him, more that a role model and I knew he was way too good for me. I tried to move on and my way of doing that was approaching him as an enemy and trying to find something wrong with him. I did. He's stubborn, intense, impulsive and sometimes really oblivious. But that just made my feelings worse. So, I remembered my childhood friend of a week. I found my ticket out. They were perfect, my first ever crush. I knew my feelings then had to resurface if I met them again. So I finally moved on from Keith after so long, but he's making it difficult to stay that way and-"

" Lance"

It was Pidge. Lance realized he had been pacing around the dorm room and pulling at his hair and his lip was throbbing in pain. "Do you think you ever really got over Keith?"

That was it. That was the question that Lance secretly asked himself in his mind. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes,"No." He said, softly and raspy. Pidge sighed in relief," There it is, our boy is not in denial anymore." Hunk, who was sobbing on the other end and sniffling with millions of tissues around him, clapped silently,"Finally!" Lance looked at the clock. It was lunchtime in the cafeteria. They rushed over there, Lance still pondering what just happened. So..what comes next?

" What comes next is, you stop pursuing that childhood friend and step into reality." Pidge said, in the line and they grabbed Lance's face, making him bend over a little and turned his head," There it is. Reality." He was looking at Keith. Keith wasn't that much of a loner. Shiro was next to him and so was Shiro's boyfriend, Adam. Romelle, a long time friend of both Keith and Lance sat on the other side. Allura, a past small crush for Lance and now Romelle's gf was there too. They were laughing and talking. Lance started to whisper protest when they got their food and Hunk started pushing him towards the table. Allura noticed them first and grinned brightly. "Ah Lonce! I was wondering where you were, I didn't see you in your usual spot! It's wonderful to see you!" She smiled and said in her thick British accent and Lance laughed weakly,"Oh, yeah. Pidge and Hunk were fighting about some project they have for STEM." He leaned in and whisper-yelled,"They still are." As if on cue, Pidge and Hunk who were standing still and stoic, glanced at each other and crossed their arms angrily and looked away.

Everyone laughed and Lance quickly sat next to Keith. Keith was picking at his food with a fork. Lance sighed dreamily to himself. Romelle took a sip from her Starbucks latte,"So, Lance. I heard about that childhood friend thingy. How's your search?" Lance sighed and stretched his arms out,"Yeah, I gave up on that."

Keith suddenly stopped playing with his fork.

"Yes, I'm sad to say it is pointless to continue my long hard journey, but alas now it comes...to and end." Lance said, dramatically wiping a tear. Keith let out a sigh of relief. Allura frowned slightly,"I'm sorry to hear that? Were there any fond memories?" Lance took a second to think and then chuckled to himself,"Yeah actually. Once, my friend came in with a ninja shirt and I had been obsessed with ninjas and swords. I pointed to him and screamed practically,'SAMURAI." He stared at me and burst out laughing. I told him all about ninjas and this game I made up that we decided to play. He asked me if I wanted to be the samurai named Akira."

Keith froze. A memory played in his head. Akira? But that was his childhood friend's nickname for him-Wait, holy shit, no way-

Lance laughed,"Then I looked at him and yelled," He ran his fingers through his hair-

"I'm the cool ninja sharpshooter!"

Keith murmured the words to himself the exact same time Lance did. He dropped his fork and coughed to himself. No one noticed. Lance laughed,"Yeah after that we just called each other 'Samurai' and 'Sharpshooter'. Fun times." Keith laughed nervously, now knowing the entire truth,"Really?" Lance nodded,"Yup, but now I shall never speak of him again because I've stopped pursuing him." Keith became panicky,"Ah ha ha, funny. A-Are you sure you want to stop trying?" Lance nodded,"100%!" Keith gulped,"Are you sure?" Lance grinned,"Absolutely positive." Keith screamed internally extremely loud. This entire time I've been pursuing you!!??

"Yup! I-I've actually got someone else in mind."

Oh Fucking Hell

~To Be Continued