Memories, All Alone in the Moonlight

Seven years ago

"KEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!" Keith, a small boy with black hair and pale skin, powdery pink lips and wearing a messy white and red striped shirt, looked back with his rare violet eyes. A boy taller, but younger by a few months was charging at him. He was grinning, a tooth missing from the bottom row and shining blue eyes that were brimming with tears. Keith frowned,"Lance, what are you doing?" Lance sniffled and wiped his tears then smiled," I got us something so that we can remember each other for many many maaaaaaaaany years. Since you're moving tomorrow and you're my best friend!" Keith turned pink,"We've only been friends for a week. I've explained it to you. My dad and I have lived here for a year and Dad homeschooled me. He barely lets me out the house and he said he would take me anywhere I want for a week before the move. So I wanted to play here." He poked a finger to Lance's chest," Then you entered my life." Lance giggled and scrummaged around in his too large pockets. "Here. A star and moon. I want the star." He gave Keith a bracelet that was a deep scarlet red and have a small moon charm hanging off it, a tiny fake diamond in the bottom of the crescent. Lance put on his bracelet, a light blue with a gold star dangling off it. Keith held back his tears by scoffing lightly,"Alright then, the moon one is mine." Lance wiggled his eyebrows," Oh and look at this." He grabbed the moon and star and the star seemed to glue to the bottom end of the moon." Moon says the gold is just painted on. It's magnitic or something like that." Keith laughed," Magnetic?" Lance was bad at words. He nodded then Keith heard a voice calling him," Keith?" He looked back at Lance and Lance was already staring at him, sobbing. Keith felt the tears prick the corner of his eyes. Lance surged forward and hugged him tightly. Keith felt the warmth flow through him and he smiled, leaning into his touch. Lance pulled away, " I'll see you later, Samurai." Keith laughed and didn't hide his tears, "See ya, Sharpshooter."

Present time

" And that was how I met my the love of my life." Lance said, closing his locker shut. Pidge, a petite brown-haired nerd, scoffed,"Except for that fact you don't remember their name or what they look like. Plus you probably got the details wrong. Like the bracelet might have been a sun with a yellow band or something. Most likely."Lance blushed in embarrassment,"We only knew each other for a week and it's been a long time AND I have horrible memory." Lance grinned, " You know that, Pidgeon." Pidge scowled, and Hunk, a sweet loveable cupcake, smiled sweetly," Lance, how can they be your love then?" Lance scoffed," I remember Samurai was my first crush. I want to see him again, see how amazing he is and beautiful. It'll be easy. I just have to find someone with a moon bracelet and that's it!" Pidge laughed boisterously," Yeah, in a world filled with 7 billion people where he could be anywhere." Lance huffed and continued to fight Pidge about his loving future partner.

Keith on the other hand, couldn't care less. Which was obvious because he liked Lance. Like like. He heard the entire story across the small skinny hallway and slammed his locker, the pit of jealousy stirring in his stomach. He sighed and walked to his classes. He had a friend like that once. He could barely remember them, since his Dad died, he couldn't care less. He looked down at his faded-light pink bracelet with a silver moon. There was a hole at the bottom of the moon, maybe once-fitting a gem. Whatever.

Lance watched Keith as he past by, ignoring the fluttering feeling in his stomach,"Ugh. Keith. I hate how he is soooo stuck up. And arrogant, just because he's the best student in class!" Pidge and Hunk glanced at each other,"Yeah. Uh Huh." Lance growled,"I'm serious. I will never ever like that guy."

~To Be Continued