Chapter Sixteen: A Stranger's Deal, Part Two

Izuku had almost memorized every twist and turn of the allies, so he was deemed with the task of leading them towards an exit. Specifically one that connected to a populated street. They stopped at a wall about half as tall as the two surrounding buildings, but still too far to jump over without the help of a quirk. "Everything good in the head there, buddy? This is a brick wall, not an exit," the stranger questioned. "I-I know. I use this w-wall as a qu-uick way to escape he-heroes o-once in a while."

"That's cool. How'd you do that?" Heat washed over his cheeks as he had virtually no tolerance to compliments. He took in a breath in an attempt to cool his covered cheeks down. Izuku pointed to a slit, about 4 inches wide around the top center of the wall. "I t-tie this rope to the hilt of my kn-knife, and th-throw it in the cr-crack. I u-use the rope to climb up the wall," Izuku demonstrated, following the directions as he explained them. "Nice aim." Izuku tried his best to shrug off the compliment, though the beet red on his cheeks returned against his will. After packing his supplies back into his belt pockets, he extended a hand and pulled the blonde up the wall.

"Oh, now you take my hand. Showoff," he pouted under his breath. Guilt tugged at Izuku. Was he rude before? Did he offend him? Why does he always mess up like this? Now he probably ruined yet another chance at having someone in his life that doesn't hate him. Not that he deserved it anyways. Why does he get his hopes up? Why couldn't he just learn the damn lesson the world seems to hammer down on him?

"I'm s-sorry, I-"
"It's okay, I'm messing with you," the blonde snorted.
"I-I was still r-rude, I s-should've just-"
"I'm a random guy who crept up on you after you saw a dead body. I'll cut you some slack," the teenager joked, playfully flicking Izuku's covered forehead. He slid off the wall, Izuku doing the same shortly after. Though the guilt didn't leave, it was still reassuring to know that the stranger didn't really care about that situation.

The pair walk towards the entrance of the allies in silence. The taller boy seemed to be enjoying himself, humming with a slight bounce in his step. While on the other hand, Izuku was a step behind, trailing him in an atmosphere of nervousness. Just as Izuku was about to step foot into the streets, a palm harshly pushed Deku back and out of sight. Peering around the corner, the taller boy hid his body inside the darkened alley. "Shit, he's here." The blonde turns his head to his feet, rubbing his chin with his thumb and pointer finger. "W-who's here?"

Completely ignoring the question, the taller boy replies, "Just because he's here, I'll make you another deal. Your two flash grenades will work 100% effectively. And that's at the least," he snapped his fingers. Izuku's hand found its way over his flash grenades, stunned at how this stranger knew that he had had any, let alone exactly how many he had. The only time he used them was when he escaped All Might. "O-okay-?"

A firm grip hurled Izuku into the overpopulated street. Gasps and stares followed Deku as his back slammed on the sidewalk. Not a second later, the blonde rushes into the street and throws taunts at Izuku, already standing on the opposite sidewalk. Taking in a deep breath, he rises to his feet. Izuku's eyes lock on the blonde target. His legs shoot him inches from the cocky teenager within a mere few seconds. An expression of shock turns into an excited toothy grin. "Damn, you're faster than you look! Guess I just got lucky again," he snickered, quickly backing up.

Suddenly, he bolted to the right, jumping on the parallel parked cars. Instinctively, Izuku closely followed pursuit. Clicks and flashes of cameras surrounded them in every direction. Above the crowd, they were left visible to everyone in the area. Easy targets. Crap. Did Izuku fall into a trap? Was the stranger's real intention to get him caught? Loud footsteps echoed behind Izuku. He curiously turned his head.

Endeavor was a moment away from grabbing Deku.

Dread paralyzed Izuku's legs. In only a moment, Izuku's vigilante career would end. All because he fell for a stupid trap. A foot jumped off Izuku's shoulder, knocking him down. That moment was interrupted. The blonde stranger landed a swift kick on Endeavor's jaw. He snapped his fingers. "Go! I can handle this wannabe Azula!"