Chapter Fifteen: A Stranger's Deal, Part One

While on his vigilante patrol, Izuku searched every inch and crack of the alley where the Sludge Villain disappeared. Unfortunately, the only difference in the alley was blood stained concrete from where he was laid when he woke up. To be honest, it was a miracle that he lived. He lost so much blood that he was paralyzed and somehow went blind. Yua must be a very skilled surgeon just to heal him completely, let alone in an abandoned alley with nothing to use but her quirk in a single night. And, of course, the knife that the man cut him with. Izuku shivered at the memory.

He sighed, looking at Yua's profile in his vigilante analysis journal. It was very short, considering his only encounter with her. Her name was Yua, she was female, she was very skilled at healing people, she may be scared of the man that was commanding her, she had a smooth and feminine voice, her quirk had something to do with anatomy, and she had dainty hands. Even more deeply, he released a pent-up breath reviewing the Sludge Villain's profile. He was male, loved his mother, capable of murder (though he gratefully regretted trying it,), his quirk was sludge, he can take over someone's body, and he had something to do with the number 4098.

How was he going to get anywhere with so little information on Yua and the Sludge Villain? If only he wasn't so weak. Then he may have been able to defend the Sludge Villain, or even Yua.

Izuku bit his lip. Hopefully another alley would have more clues. Walking in no particular direction, a revolting odor floated in the air from around the corner, which led into another alley. The closer he got to it, the stronger the disgusting odor became. Pushing his mask tighter against his nose made pinpointing the source of the odor become a slightly easier task. It came from inside the approaching alley behind a dumpster. Izuku's mind (and nose) warned him to not check it out, to just leave whatever appalling thing was behind there alone. It wouldn't be wise at all to get sick while he's walking around the streets as Deku. But his heart held a small hope that it could give him a clue to lead him on.

His stomach flipped with every closer step, nauseating ripples spreading through his abdomen. This better be worth it. Pushing off the wall with his legs, he moved the dumpster out of the way. A pungent aroma of moldy cheese and sunbaked rotten feces rammed its way up his nose. Izuku instinctively stepped back and tightly covered his face with his arms. It could smell worse?! The dumpster's stench must have been covering it up. What the hell could make such a smell? Very much regretting his choice of listening to his heart, Izuku uncovered his eyes. Horrific shock thundered down on him. He fell limp, unable to look away, stand back up, or even cover his nose.

A body laid on the concrete. Not just a dead body per say, but one that's been... "tampered with." The stomach and chest were cut into, spread wide open. All of its organs and some bones had been carved out, leaving nothing but a puddle of blood and visible broken ribs. Against Izuku's own wishes, his eyes examined every gruesome detail. The nails were torn out. The eyes were carved out. The teeth were torn out. Bruises and whip marks sunk into whatever skin was remaining. The body could be assumed to be male, but even that was taken out. But the most disturbing thing was the cuff marks on the arms and legs. They were tied down.

They were alive when this happened.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it after a while," a happy voice reassured behind him. Way too calm and okay with the situation. Awoken from his trance, Izuku turned his head, though his body was still stiff with terror. Standing at over five and three quarters feet tall, dandelion shaggy hair fell just short of his ears. Deep lapis-blue eyes contrasted elegantly among his clear pale skin, which sculpted a smug grin upon his mouth. Not made of malice, but playfulness. Very unsettling playfulness considering the situation.

The teenager stood in a confident stand, clothed by an interesting uniform. His arms wore two tight and dark unconnected sleeves. A loose, black sleeveless tunic with a hood covered his upper body. It was held together by folding over itself by the chest like a kimono, and held in place by a waistband. A waist bag sat on his right hip and was attached to a belt, probably holding supplies. The belt held up a silky grey cloth that also folded over itself like a kimono, went down to about an inch below his rump, and was tied up on his left hip. Black cargo pants stuffed into flexible boots, which both held many built-in pockets which were perfect for hiding small weapons in.