Chapter 9

Sooo I chose an actor for Andy, it's Colton Haynes. That means this chapter will be dedicated to @Donut_Lover . Thanks for recommending Colton Haynes.

About this chapter.. There will be a little bit of action in this one. The people who aren't really a fan of Andy & Jeff will probably be glad with the way Haley will handle the situation. Keep reading and you'll find out what I'm talking about.

Colton Haynes as Andy Morgan>>

Emeli Sandé - Mountains (lovely song)>>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought about the members living in the pack house and tried to remember the last time I had a proper conversation with one of them. All I came up with was the last pack meeting. I remembered not long ago when we would have dinners with all the residents of the pack house every night. My father used to call them family dinners, because he saw every one of them as family.

Me on the other hand only saw them passing me in the halls or at pack meetings. I made a promise to them that I would follow my father’s footsteps and be a leader worth following. Ever since my father died I have been glued to his desk. I’ve been trying to hide my pain by working too much, but in the end I found out that it didn’t pay off; the pain always came back.

I deliberately avoided the people I was living with, because I couldn’t handle their feelings and sympathetic looks, but being their Alpha changes things. It doesn’t matter how much in pain I was, the pack came first. I had lost my father and now my mother, but I wasn’t going to lose this pack.

I went looking for Annabeth, one of the pack members living in the pack house, and spotted her in the lounge playing with her six year old daughter. Seeing Jennifer put a huge smile on my face. She was sitting Indian style on the ground and her long brown hair fell on her shoulders, covering her view a little. She only noticed my presence when her mother lifted her head up in surprise when I entered the room.

“Haley,” Jennifer squeaked as she ran forward and jumped at me. I caught her just in time.

“Jenny,” I mimicked her squeaky voice. She was grinning at me and I noticed she was missing a tooth.

“Take it easy, Jennifer” Annabeth laughed.

“You’re growing up fast, sweetie. Yet another tooth is out,” I said, smiling widely, She looked at me with her beautiful big brown eyes and nodded enthusiastically.

I gave Jennifer a peck on her cheek and put her down on the ground again. “Momma always says you’re busy and you can’t play with us, but you’re not busy now right? You can play with us right?” Jennifer rambled on and ended looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

“How can I say no to that?” I asked Annabeth playfully as I ruffled Jennifer’s hair.

“I ask myself that every day,” Annabeth replied shaking her head.

“Is that a yes?” Jennifer was jumping up and down.

“Yes,” I said and she squealed once again.

After playing with Jennifer I turned my focus on Annabeth. “Anna, I would like for us to have the family dinners again. I know you and my mother used to put the meals together, but she won’t be back for a while. So if you want help I can get someone to help you.“

Thinking about my mother made me mad, but I remembered myself that Jennifer was in the room. I couldn’t afford to lose control with a kid in arms reach. “Sounds like a great idea and I can get Elizabeth or Jessica to help out,” she sounded really happy about the dinner. At least I was able to make one of my werewolves happy today.