Chapter 5: One Million Barrels Lifeline

Admist the blue skies, a link from the past to future.
The sheltering wings of the protector...

_________________________

19 November, 2004 0427hrs
Rigley Air Base

~ Chris/Mobius 1's p.o.v. ~

I woke up from the sound of the door knocking loudly. I groaned and sit on my bed, scratching my head. "Who is it?"

"Alex here." He replied, "Wake up, we have a mission today. So suit up, we have a briefing."

I stretch my arms and I heard a pop sound from my body. "At this time?" I thought, "I'll catch up."

"Better hurry up, pal." Then footsteps qas last heard from outside. I wear my flight suit and boots, then fixed my hair before heading to the briefing room. To my surprise, there are several pilots inside beside Halo Team and Viper 1. Something big is happening. After a minute, Weaver and SkyEye arrive to begin the briefing.

"Comberth Harbor, home of the Aegir Fleet, is completely dependent on a single petrochemical complex for its fuel supply. The complex consists of a land-based oil refinery/storage facility and an offshore oil-drilling platform. Your mission is to go out and destroy, or at least damage, these sites. Our objective is to reduce production output of this complex to 20% or less. By cutting off the port's fuel supply, we will delay and disrupt the combat deployment of the Aegir Fleet."

Unexpected event. We went offensive this time, and if we succeeded, it would deal a horrible blow to the enemy. We had to come out victorious. With a lot of pilots joining today, we have a high winning chance.

"Why damage those things when we can destroy them?" Frank asked. All of us nodded in agreement. The more destruction to the Harbor, the better.

"Alright, everyone suit up and head to your planes!" Alex shouted. We scramble to our lockers and suit up, then headed to the hangar. Hoping inside my Raptor, I start the engines and drive to the runway after several pilots take off first.

"Mobius 1, you are clear for take off." The Control tower operator said. I push the lever for full throttle, and pulled the flight stick as I lift off from the ground.

"Mobius 1, altitude restriction cancelled. Goodluck out there."

"Thanks." I said. This will be my first mission with my brand new F-22. This is going to be fun.

"Lifeline"
19 November, 2004 0550hrs
Petrochemical Complex

It's slightly dark around the area, but can clearly see. Night missions are very tough. Especially if you're against an enemy with a black plane over a dark sky.

"I hope we don't encounter the Yellow Squadron." Alex muttered.

"Then don't jinx it if you don't want to face them." Jason said. Weaver told us that if they came, we have to retreat immediately. I wonder how good they are, especially 'him'.